Training & Competence Supervisor My client, a swiftly expanding Investment Management firm, has an opening for a Training and Competence to join their team and contribute to the outstanding training and development environment.
Sitting within HR and reporting to the Head of T&C, the chosen candidate will nevertheless have to be engaging, flexible and able to work autonomously.
Provide T&C for 40 - 50 individuals performing an FCA activity within the company by:
- Deliver training to the new joiners as well as other training interventions as required.
- Create technical / skills-based assessments as well as the supporting documentation.
- Provide feedback and coaching in relation to the outcome of role-plays and client visits.
- Provide feedback and coaching on a 1:1 or group basis in relation to learning needs identified from appropriate T&C Management Information.
Help to develop, support and maintain all firm T&C schemes and its documentation, including the policy and various electronic systems.
Make sure that stakeholders have access to accurate KPI's to demonstrate the necessary systems and controls are working appropriately and risks are managed in relation to T&C and the wider Human Resources team.
Provide guidance and appropriate support for the delivery of Professional Qualifications within regulatory roles.
Maintain close working relationships across the business and its management teams, with the ability to give Learning & Development support to non-regulatory roles if required.
- Home office is in Birmingham and covering a further 3 regional offices
- At least 5 years' knowledge and experience of T&C within the financial services sector.
- Have an understanding of both Financial Planning and Investment Management. This is absolutely essential.
- Ability to demonstrate a thorough knowledge and understanding of FCA T&C regulations.
- Qualified to at least QCF Level 4 with progression towards Chartered Financial Planner status (degree level) desirable.
- Previously held or undertaken T&C scheme responsibilities.
- A working knowledge of Learning Management Systems and Microsoft applications.
- A high level of written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to influence at a high level and have gravitas.
- Ability to prioritise workloads and to balance the needs of the business against the regulatory requirements.