Location: Birmingham, Glasgow, or Manchester (Preferred)
- Joining the Tax and Legal Managed Services, delivering tax compliance services, by centralising the activities in relation to the preparation and finalisation of tax computations and returns.
- Working alongside tax professionals based with UK based offices and with offshore partners.
- Maintaining a portfolio of clients and taking on responsibility to ensure their tax computations are prepared to a high standard, within a timely basis, finalised and submitted to HMRC within agreed deadlines.
- Drafting computation for subsequent review for complex clients and be the main point of liaison with the client to obtain additional info if required.
- Identifying and resolving technical issues, preparing technical analysis, and also involving specialists as appropriate to prepare/review analysis.
- Carrying out a full manager review of computations and other deliverables prior to sending to clients and HMRC.
- Developing and maintaining relationships internally and externally.
- UK Corporate Tax experience
- Demonstrate exceptional tax compliance skills and can work with tight deadlines and producing 1st class product ready to issue for clients.
- Experiences working with mid-market to FTSE listed groups, across a wide range of sectors.
- ATT/CTA/ACA or equivalent (qualified).
- Experiences of manager level review of corporate tax computations and returns, including client liaison throughout the compliance process.
- Ability to identify and resolve technical issues or escalate it as appropriate.
- Experiences of specific technical areas e.g., complex capital versus revenue treatment; pension scheme and share scheme adjustments, group relief, basic transfer pricing, UK GAAP tax accounting for groups.
- Awareness (preferred) of technical areas, e.g., controlled foreign companies and worldwide debt calculations.
- Leadership experiences, and strong interpersonal skills with managing and coaching.
- Proficient user of AlphaTax (or a similar tax software).