Stress Testing Controls Analyst
- Birmingham, England, United Kingdom Birmingham England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- 20 Mar 18 2018-03-20
See job description for details
Join us in Birmingham as a Controls Analyst
- For an experienced and influential risk professional, this is a fantastic opportunity to join a high profile and growing area of the bank as a Control Analyst
- This is a valuable opportunity to identify any weaknesses in the bank to avoid potential issues, and ultimately keep both the business and our customers safe
What you'll do
As a Controls Analyst, you'll be fundamental in bringing together bank wide qualitative elements to help design a clear and consistent management story to both internal and external stakeholders. You'll have a wide remit, and you'll manage the documentation related to stress testing, ensuring that stress testing regulatory requirements are captured and understood.
Day-to-day, you'll also be:
- Collaborating with Risk, Finance and other business partners to capture the essence of their methodologies and controls and ensure these are depicted in the management story
- Leading and coordinating the stress testing instructions which will be crucial in communicating the details for the stress testing exercise
- Devising and managing a process for any deviations to underlying instruction principles
You'll essentially be the person who connects the dots, and translates complex MI into a clear story to some of the most senior members of the bank
The skills you'll need
To be successful, you'll need to have managed documentation in a role of a similar nature, and you'll be familiar with modelling principles across Franchises, Risk and Capital, and with the annual financial reporting governance process.
A background in control or audit would be valuable, as would experience of stress testing end to end cycles, and working with regulators. Experience of controllership and workflow management would be welcome, and you'll certainly need to comfortable working to deadlines and adapting to changing priorities.
We'll also be looking for you to demonstrate:
- An in-depth understanding of regulatory requirements around stress testing and trends
- An analytical approach to your work
- A track record of sound decision making which contributes to overall business success
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong technical skills
- Proficiency with MS Office applications, particularly Excel
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 25% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you'll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.