Regulatory Advisory, Retail Banking & Wealth, Senior Consultant, Financial Services - Birmingham
Competitive business today is all about making intelligent, informed decisions. At EY we are looking for minds made for financial services who can deliver this insight to our clients. This will mean using not only your technical knowledge, but also your ability to work in a team to deliver for your client. Our team works with some of the most prestigious financial firms in the world, and as a Senior Consultant you will be an integral part of this. The opportunity
Financial services is changing. We are striving to lead this transformation with our clients. Success in this role requires not only that you understand the regulatory and competitive landscape our clients operate in, but that you can work with them and help them see the implications for their business.
You will work as part of a wider EY team alongside Managers, Senior Managers, and Directors to provide not only knowledge of the industry, but to determine and deliver solutions. Our clients consist not only of traditional retail banks, consumer credit firms and asset managers, but increasingly include new market entrants who are innovating in this space. We are looking for individuals with experience in implementing technology into controls processes, and as part of our team you will be asked to generate innovative ideas and deliver novel regulatory solutions.
We're currently growing our Regulatory Advisory team across all capabilities to help meet increasing demand, including the Retail Banking & Wealth Management team. We are delivering a number of large scale and strategic projects with some of the UK's biggest banks, asset managers, and other types of financial institutions.
The provision of financial services and the associated controls firms require are evolving in new and interesting ways. Technological advancement, changing consumer behavior, and competition are driving this change, and we are working to build suitable new regulatory solutions with our clients. The solutions and skillset our clients require is increasingly not just traditional regulatory insight, but also an ability to understand the opportunities offered by technology in delivering new innovative solutions . Your key responsibilities
Our cross-border Regulatory Advisory team is made up of over 73,000 people, including 3520 partners, working across 12 Sub-Areas and 93 countries in EMEIA. The team brings together a breadth of core skills and experience to provide advice and help our global clients assess their options, improve operations and manage their risks as an enterprise wide discipline. We work closely with regulators to help us provide the top UK and EU financial institutions support on:
Skills and attributes for success
- Strategic implications of regulation
- Effective implementation of regulatory directives
- Remediation of regulatory issues
- Effective implementation of risk management processes
- Embedding a risk based performance assessment
To qualify for the role you must have
- A clear understanding of the strategic implications of regulation
- Being able to translate regulatory requirements into action
- Building relationships with colleagues across the business, supporting them and promoting a collaborative culture
- Being involved in remediation of regulatory issues
- Interest in emerging regulatory trends, including the potential for technological enablers
Ideally, you'll also have
- The ability to work with a variety of stakeholders at all levels
- Flexibility - both in your approach and your openness to travel where required by the client
- Relevant regulatory experience within the retail financial services and/or asset/wealth management. This may be from working at the FCA, a large financial services organisation, or a dynamic new market entrant. It may also be that you have worked for another consultancy firm, or relevant industry body
- Knowledge of FCA handbook and current UK regulatory topics
- Clear evidence of successful performance in previous roles
What we look for
- Great communication skills
- A real desire to work as part of a team
You'll be a trusted business advisor to our clients, specialising in regulatory matters. You will have strong experience of Retail Banking and/or Asset/Wealth management. Ideally you will have experience on regulatory implementation/reviews. This may include having worked on Conduct risk management, product/customer reviews. Regulatory enforcement, customer remediation programmes or p reparing clients for Regulatory visits. Specific topics may have included an FCA Section 166 review, Ring-fencing, SMCR, management of customers in financial difficulty, IBOR, or the FCA Asset Management Market Study.
We are also looking for individuals with experience developing or introducing, regulatory technology/enablers. This is ideally suited to professionals who enjoy working in a collaborative and teaming environment. What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a b etter working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality. If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. Apply now.