QA Software Testers
Job description Who we are
PwC's Operate delivers operational and managed services solutions to clients across a range of situations often associated with their regulatory, risk and/or compliance agendas. We bring together regulatory insight, highly skilled operational resource and an unrivalled technology offering to provide a high quality and cost effective solution to operational delivery challenges.
Our capabilities stretch across a number of business pillars including Financial Crime Operations, Compliance Operations, Change Management and Customer Management. We have almost 1,200 people located in our purpose built, secure delivery centre in Belfast; across our regional offices in London, Manchester, Glasgow and Edinburgh; and on a range of client sites.
About the role
Our Change Management Technical Solutions is experiencing continuous success and growth. As part of this growth, we are seeking to recruit experienced Testers to work with our software development teams to provide QA support to the development teams to automate tests to guide development. Each project is different, but typically you can expect to be working on the following:
Who we are looking for
- Requirements analysis and validation
- Defining and executing test strategies and scripts
- Ensuring requirements traceability
- Introducing/suggesting new processes and techniques
- Accurate recording and monitoring of issues
- Reviewing test environments configuration and processes to facilitate continuous improvement and maintenance of quality standards
- Providing test estimates
- Developing and updating automated test scripts to match requirements
- UX/UI testing / Regression testing
- Creating test plans, cases, and scripts based on business requirements and technical specifications
- Executing manual and automated testing cycles, coordinating efforts with external teams
- Documenting test results, and compiling results into consolidated high level reports
- Significant experience as a Test Analyst
- Strong background in software integration and system testing
- Experience of automated testing (e.g, Selenium)
- Experience using HP QC / JIRA or comparable platforms
- Experience of defining test strategy / test approach
- Flexible, independent and self-motivated
- Experience in supporting team success and motivating others to keep morale and performance high
- Strong stakeholder management and communication skills
- Strong experience of iterative / incremental software delivery
- Knowledge of some test frameworks and solutions to manage complexity
- Experience of working in fast paced environments to strict deadlines
- Bachelor's Degree or HNC in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field, or equivalent work experience
- ISTQB Foundation Certification
- Experience of testing ERP software, particularly, Oracle E-Business Suite.
You will be based in Birmingham, however as a result of the wide variety of clients and projects, you may be asked to work in other locations within the UK and beyond, sometimes at short notice and sometimes over lengthy periods of time. Your desire and ability to do this will be discussed as part of the recruitment process. Candidates who are unable or do not wish to work on projects in other locations will still be considered. What's in it for you?
The role will be varied and challenging, providing you with an opportunity to work with a wide variety of high profile clients. We're also exceptionally passionate about providing you with the necessary skills, experience and training to help you develop both personally and professionally.
In addition to the client projects and training, our employees are also rewarded with various other benefits offered as part of your employment
- Our dedicated internal Careers Service.
- Competitive salary plus a potential discretionary bonus (performance related)
- 25 days standard holiday pro rata, with options to increase this through your benefits package
- A flexible benefits scheme that can be tailored to suit your (and your family's) needs. Provision of a group pension plan with additional funding provided by PwC.
Closing date for this role is 9th August at 5.00pm
We're one of the world's leading professional services organisations. From 158 countries, we help our clients, some of the most successful organisations on the globe, as well as its most dynamic entrepreneurs and thriving private businesses, to create the value they want. We help to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them. The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/apply Diversity
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/diversity