Fund Research Analyst
- Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- AFH Wealth Management
- 20 Feb 19
AFH Financial Group is an AIM listed wealth management firm with approximately £5.0 billion assets under management (as at January 2019). AFH Wealth Management operates under AFH Financial Group and offers a broad range of financial planning and wealth management services to both mass affluent and high net worth clients.
The Group Investment Research department is responsible for asset allocation, fund research, direct asset research and portfolio construction. The department covers multiple asset classes including equities, bonds, real estate, and alternative assets.
Group Investment Research is recruiting for a Fund Research Analyst. We are keen to speak to candidates with 3 years or more experience in Manager research and a capacity to cover all the major asset classes. The ideal candidate should have made some progress with their CFA exams and have passed at least level I of the exam. They should also ideally have a degree in a quantitative subject. The role will have some responsibility for managing and helping to develop junior team members.
The role is based in the Midlands just outside of Birmingham and would therefore appeal to candidates looking to get out of London but still have a highly involved role in the investment industry.
The key responsibilities of the role are as follows:
Collectives Research Responsibilities
- Perform quantitative analysis on funds in order to identify top performing fund managers in the investment universe.
- Perform due diligence on fund managers, in order to ascertain their ability to consistently add alpha above their respective benchmarks.
- Produce research reports on fund managers across multiple asset classes and investment strategies.
- Work with other team members to create periodic sector/industry outlooks.
- Work closely with Portfolio Managers to coordinate research and generate ideas.
Portfolio Construction and Other Responsibilities
- Construct and monitor model and bespoke portfolios across multiple investment platforms.
- Assist Portfolio Managers with the construction of bespoke portfolios for clients.
- Assist in spreadsheet maintenance and any other operational tasks required.
- A good grasp of fixed income and equity funds.
- Good quantitative skills and knowledge of Microsoft Excel with the ability to build models.
- Strong communication and presentation skills as the candidate will be expected to periodically present reports at investment committee meetings.
- Strong conviction with the ability to convince portfolio managers and other team members to agree on ideas they present
- A graduate degree in a quantitative subject, preferably economics or finance.
- Should ideally have completed their IMC and at least level I of the CFA exam.
- Knowledge of Bloomberg, Morningstar Direct, or other financial software.