Fund Portfolio Implementation Analyst
- Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- AFH Wealth Management
- 20 Feb 19
AFH Financial Group is an AIM listed wealth management firm with approximately £5.0 billion assets under management (as at January 2019). AFH Wealth Management operates under AFH Financial Group and offers a broad range of financial planning and wealth management services to both mass affluent and high net worth clients.
The Group Investment Research department is responsible for asset allocation, fund research, direct asset research and portfolio construction. The department covers multiple asset classes including equities, bonds, real estate, and alternative assets.
The Group Investment Research department is recruiting for an experienced Fund Portfolio Implementation Analyst. This role covers multiple asset classes and will require managing a small team of analysts.
The role is based in the Midlands just outside of Birmingham and would therefore appeal to candidates looking to get out of London but still have a highly involved role in the investment industry.
The key responsibilities of the role are as follows:
- Portfolio implementation of multi-asset trades across several funds through various securities. Securities include but are not limited to funds, ETFs and equities.
- Enter trades, monitor trade flows and ensure timely execution of trades using appropriate software.
- Engage with various internal and/or external parties to provide efficient and complete resolution of any trade related or ad hoc issues. Carry out pre and post compliance checks.
- Monitor and prepare daily fund investment valuations.
- Produce and monitor compliance and internal documentation relating to several funds.
- Ensure all processes and documentation are complete, accurate, up-to-date and adhere to FCA and compliance requirements.
- Provide recommendations for improvement around processes and controls to make them scalable and sustainable.
- Assist in spreadsheet and system maintenance. Participate in any other operational tasks.
- Conduct some direct equity research of listed companies.
- Manage, support and supervise the work flow of a small team of analysts. Mentor and develop junior members of the team.
- At least 3 years portfolio implementation experience.
- Good quantitative skills. Knowledge of portfolio implementation systems such as Bloomberg, Factset, Reuters or any other relevant software.
- An organised individual with a disciplined approach and work ethic.
- Strong communication and presentation skills as the candidate will be expected to periodically present at investment committee meetings and other members across the business.
- An interest and desire to conduct direct equity research.
- The ability to work individually as well as part of team. Provide feedback and guidance to junior team members.
- A graduate degree in a quantitative subject, preferably in economics or finance.
- Should be Level 4 qualified (IMC). Have achieved at least CFA level 1 and be working towards achieving the full CFA qualification.
- FCA approval with CF30 status or the ability to obtain this.