An award-winning venture capital and private equity firm is looking to hire a Fund Operations Associate on a 12 -14 month contract, with the potential to go full time to join its growing firm. The firm, with £1bn assets under management, has offices all over the UK, but this role will be in Henley-in-Arden at their head office, just outside Birmingham.
The firm hires exceptional people who are bright, creative, with a credible track record and a passion for what we do and getting things done. The environment is fast-paced and highly collaborative. It’s important to us that the firm is seen as a great place to work, a place where everyone has the potential to do the best work of their lives and most importantly where they feel valued.
This is a key role in their EIS Fund Operations team and you will be covering a period of maternity leave. With planned growth in the team during 2020, there is the potential that a permanent role within this team is created.
The EIS Fund Operations Associate is responsible for responding to multiple operational tasks with the EIS team, including assessing investor suitability, calculating investment allocations and working with our custodian.
- Reviewing inbound applications for suitability, checking calculations and reconciling investment and cash data.
- Ensuring our third-party reporting platform is fully up to date and that updates are made accurately and on time.
- Creation of accurate document templates, to be used in conjunction with mail merges, to provide investors with accurate financial information.
- Knowledge or experience of fund allocation processes, ensuring that client allocations are accurately produced and reviewed in a timely manner.
- Strong working knowledge of Excel, including pivot tables, and detailed fee calculations.
- Strong attention to detail, enabling total accuracy in maintaining investment data which drives investor
- and third party reporting.
- Review company reports text, and ensure they are fit for client distribution, and creation of valuations for
- Liaise with the EIS Fund Principal, EIS Fund Administrator and investment team regarding EIS portfolio and
- new investments.
- Lead on the creation of updated investment documentation.
- Ideally you will come from an audit, accountancy, compliance, financial services, or investor relations background
- Ideally you will have knowledge of tax efficient investments (including EIS & SEIS investments).
- You will be academically bright (preferably holding a degree level qualification) and be inquisitive by nature.
- You will have sound numerical and analytical skills.
- You will have excellent writing skills and be a strong communicator.
- You will be focussed, highly organised with attention to detail in everything you do.
- You will demonstrate solid project management skills.
- You will be flexible to take on additional tasks as required.
- Ideally you will have an understanding of the adviser recommendation process and compliance for new
- You may have sales or investor experience in building and nurturing client relationships, through to lead
- You will be IT literate with a high level of competence in MS Office and a good working knowledge of
- We are looking for a self-starter who thrives within a fast growing investment business.