- c £100k – c £120k pa plus car, bonus and benefits
- Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Evans Taylor
- 07 Mar 19
A substantial and highly successful organisation, our client is a key division of a global organisation with an outstanding reputation together with an absolute commitment to the customer. Operating at the pinnacle of this dynamic sector, they supply a broad range of products across multiple brands and channels.
This is an extremely exciting time to be joining the organisation; they have achieved outstanding consistent performance through substantial organic growth together with selective acquisitions and further growth and investment remains firmly on the agenda.
As such, we are looking to appoint an outstanding Finance Director who can operate in an organisation poised for significant growth.
- As a key member of the senior leadership team, this is a hands on influential position with both an operational and strategic bias and this appointment is seen as fundamental in driving the achievement of top line business objectives.
- Operating in close alignment and as a confidante to the Managing Director, this role goes way beyond the numbers. The requirement is to raise the bar and influence the direction of the business, whilst providing a best in class service for both internal and external stakeholders.
- With a blank sheet, you will conduct a full root and branch overview of the function where the focus will be on transformational change both in terms of structure/organisation design and digital tools in order to embrace smart and leaner ways of working.
- You will channel the Finance function and operate as the voice of Finance on the Board and will be required to drive improvement in financial and operational performance to include cost reduction, income generation and the management of capital spend.
- You will be responsible for the full business planning cycle to ensure robust cost control and forecasting is in place, with a constant drive to shift the culture where value/cost control is second nature.
- Your brief will be wide ranging where you will have full accountability for all finance activities across the business and be required to create initiatives which guide and support other key business functions.
- You will develop and champion effective financial change management initiatives for the organisation in order to drive sustainable business improvements in an organisation where year on year growth is a given.
- This unique position demands an exceptional Finance Professional who enjoys a growth agenda and a highly visible role, whilst developing their career within a market leading organisation.
- The successful candidate will have a proven track record of innovation and contribution to profit improvement, in an environment where hiding places simply do not exist.
- With an outstanding track record of delivering best practice financial management, your experience is most likely to have been gained in a dynamic manufacturing, distribution or logistics/3PL/4PL organisation, where best in class principles prevail.
- You will relish the opportunity to advance your career in a market leading organisation who have tremendous ambition and where superb opportunities exist for high performers.
- Dynamic, progressive and influential, you will have outstanding commercial acumen, the passion and stature to influence those around you and will be the type of person who can introduce far reaching financial initiatives in order to drive the business to unprecedented levels of performance.
Please reply with full CV and current salary details. Candidates who fail to respond in this manner cannot be considered.