Enterprise Risk Consultant (Market/Credit)
- Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 Jan 18 2018-01-18
Job Title: Enterprise Risk Consultant (Market/Credit) Location: Birmingham Salary Level: Competitive
EY is currently looking for Consultants to join the Enterprise Risk Services (ERS) Market/Credit Risk team in our Canary Wharf offices. The team delivers sustainable benefits to our clients though tailored services across market and counterparty risk, liquidity, credit risk, operational risk, insurance risk and risk technology. Recent examples of work carried out include large scale regulatory change programmes (including FRTB, IHC, stress testing), capital efficiency initiatives, changes to booking models and legal entity structures.
Fundamental Review of the Trading Book (FRTB) and IFRS9 are key focus areas for the practice and part of the broader Corporate and Investment Banking Transformation Solutions.
Skills and attributes for success:
- Confident and credible communicator who displays both technical knowledge and commercial understanding on market and/or counterparty credit risk (CVA) management topics
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience with managing expectation of both internal and external stakeholders
- Ability and appetite to drive business development and contribute to the growth of EY's market solutions
To qualify for the role you must have some of the following skills:
- Strong knowledge of regulatory reforms impacting financial institutions
- Knowledge of market or credit risk measurement and management - such as risk management processes and frameworks including governance, risk appetite, limits, identification, measurement, monitoring, reporting, supporting data and infrastructure end-to-end credit risk policy, governance, processes, controls and MI specifically in retail, commercial, corporate or investment banking
- Capital management (regulatory capital, ICAAP and economic capital)
- Impairment modelling, management and forecasting - Focus areas: the existing and IFRS 9 accounting standards, asset quality (provisioning adequacy) assessment
- Credit risk models (PD, LGD, EAD, scorecards), RWA calculation under Basel 2 & 3 Focus areas (governance, policy, process and control)
- Good understanding of the Basel II and III (CRD IV requirements) credit risk regulatory framework
Ideally you'll also have:
- Prior experience within a consultancy role would be highly advantageous
- Knowledge of counterparty credit risk would be an advantage
What we look for
We are interested to hear from people with the right attitude for the job! That's naturally entrepreneurial people that feed on the energy of a thriving global team. You'll need a balance of technical and analytical skills, a creative approach to work and strong communication skills. If you've got big ideas on how we can do better, as well as the confidence to voice them, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions.
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.