Control Office Manager
£325.00 PAYE / £454.42
6 Month Contract
HSBC are currently searching for a Control Office Manager to join their team in Birmingham! This role is part of the Chief Control Office team within Finance for HSBC UK. The CCO team works closely with the Financial Reporting Risk team to ensure a robust control environment is in place.
Within this position you would be responsible for operating and monitoring the Risk and Control framework, manage control related MI, maintain appropriate governance in relation to the material risks owned by finance and develop a detailed understanding of the finance processes that they support. If this role suits your skillset, please do not hesitate to apply!
- Execution of Risk and Control Assessments (RCAs) including responsibility for any associated Configuration and Scoping activities to ensure Operational Risk Compliance.
- Perform new and existing activities in relation to the governance and oversight of Model Risk management within Finance.
- Tracking and ensuring completion of Continuous Monitoring Plans within HELIOS and assisting Controls Owners with technical queries.
- Support and advice to Risk and Control owners for any 1LOD related queries.
- Facilitation of the HSBC UK Risk and Control Management Meeting, including preparation of the final pack, presentation of the 1LOD materials, production of minutes and management of actions.
- Issues, actions and incident management including monitoring completion of Critical MSII’s as part of the HSBC UK Finance Monitoring Management Meeting.
- Ensuring Helios Data Quality including correcting illogical combinations and ensuring Control Owners continuously maintain HELIOS data.
- Reporting on SMR versus ORMF Alignment and ensuring there are no gaps for HSBC UK Finance.
- Conduct Risk Impact assessment and revision of RCAs based on information submitted for Internal Events.
- Reviewing and adding commentary for Risk and Control MI reporting for Accounting Risk and Tax Reporting Risk and Non-Financial Risk (including Information Security Risk)
- Involvement in Transformation projects related to Global Risk and Control led initiatives and being the HSBC UK Finance SME for all Risk and Control related queries.
- Non-Financial Risk (NFR) compliance co-ordination including involvement in any NRF Optimisation led initiatives.
- Documenting procedures for any new processes or new Management Information reporting implemented while in the role.
Experience / Skills:
- Stakeholder Management
- Ability to work independently
- Strong ability to produce MI
- Good Presentation skills
- Risk and Control knowledge
- Risk Owners Experience