Collateral Management Operator
- Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Deutsche Bank
- 21 May 19
The Collateral Management function at Deutsche Bank is responsible for one of the largest, cutting edge, global programs in the market.
Job Title: Collateral Management Operator
Corporate Title: Senior Analyst
The Collateral Management function at Deutsche Bank is responsible for one of the largest, cutting edge, global programs in the market. With collateral assets under management commanding a significant position in the market today and the explosive growth in demand for our product, the Collateral Management group continues to offer diverse and challenging roles. Collateral Management is responsible for supporting the collateralisation of the derivatives, repurchase agreements (repo) and Foreign Exchange businesses.
- Daily issing, tracking and settling of the client margin management process
- Reconciling post settlement system breaks/security fails/nostro breaks
- Fostering strong relationships with internal stakeholders and delivering excellent client service to external counterparties
- Being responsible of reporting for management/business stakeholders
- Ensuring that risk issues are identified escalated
- Making a positive impact on the Bank's Profit & Loss and balance sheet by working with Trading, Sales, and Information Technology to improve delivery of a more efficient Collateral solution for the Bank
- Facilitating of project deliveries - User Acceptance Testing completion
- Evolving the Collateral function to face incoming regulation and market structure changes
- Contributing to ongoing projects to reduce complexity and risk within the front to back operating model
- Publishing Key Operating Procedures and training material to ensure any changes to operating software are communicated and all staff trained with a key focus on risk and control
Skills and Qualifications:
- Educated to Bachelor's degree level or equivalent qualification/relevant work experience
- Ability to build partnerships with stakeholders and global colleagues
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills with strong client focus
- Knowledge of financial instruments
- Root cause analysis/analytical problem solving skills
- Understanding of key risk areas and controls
- Flexibility to cross train on varied Collateral Management roles across the wider dept
- Motivated and positive attitude
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel, is beneficial
- Able to understand and adhere to key regulatory drivers/internal controls
Diversity, inclusion and mutual respect are essential elements of who we are. These values define the working environment we strive to create - engaging, supportive and welcoming of different views. We believe innovation stems from intellectual curiosity alongside the right mix of skills and talents. Therefore, we embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds. The company promotes equality of opportunity and encourages the development of all employees to their full potential. We are open to agile working arrangements - talk to us about flexibility and other initiatives we offer.
We are an equal opportunities employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race (which includes colour, nationality and national or ethnic origins), religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. We aim to treat all employees in a fair and consistent manner, promote good working relationships to encourage high standards of conduct and performance within a work environment free from harassment, bullying and discrimination.
Please let us know if you require any adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements, or have any concerns about the application process, please contact your recruiter.