~~Role and Responsibilities:
The Public Sector, is one of a number of key strategic growth areas for the firm, with ambitious targets for increasing the size of our business in the next three years. To support this growth, we are looking for qualified accountants to join the audit practice in one of our Midlands offices. As an Assistant Manager you will get to work with a wide range of clients within a cross functional office. Responsibilities will be varied, and can be tailored to support your particular career plan and skillset, but will include:
- Planning and project managing all aspects of audit and assurance projects.
- Leading teams on the ground, reporting directly to the manager on a day to day basis.
- Drafting reports and other outputs for reporting to management and Audit Committee.
- Delivering ad hoc internal audit or assurance reviews.
- Identifying, researching and helping to resolve complex audit & assurance issues.
- Supervising and coaching junior members of staff to help them realise their full potential.
- Building relationships with the client staff and acting as an ambassador for the firm.
- Budgeting and monitoring the financial performance of projects, focusing on optimising profitability.
- Identifying the sales opportunities that will help us grow our business. This can include developing proposal documents and pitches to prospective clients.
You will also have access to KPMG’s extensive programme of training and development, not only allowing you to keep up to speed with technical training but with the opportunity for development of presentation skills, report writing, project management and performance management.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Preferably ACA, ACCA, or CIPFA qualified or equivalent with good working knowledge of UK GAAP and IFRS; IIA and others considered
- External audit experience in Public Sector is essential
- Strong IT literacy, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word
We think our people really stand out from the crowd. We are looking for equally exceptional people to join us, with the following skills and characteristics:
- Commercial focus
- Ability to think big picture, out of the box
- Strong technical skills
- Accountability and decision making ability
- Attention to detail, organised with a commitment to quality
- Willingness to take on additional responsibility and opportunities and a commitment to personal development
- Leadership skills and ability to act as a role model
- Drive and resilience and ability to thrive in a pressured environment
- Relationship building skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken