Audit Senior (Birmingham)
Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
My client, a leading Consultancy firm are looking for an Audit Senior to join their team on an interim basis, based either in Birmingham or Bristol. The role is to assist clients needs by meeting their reporting requirements by accurately reporting on financial statements and providing meaningful insights into accounting and reporting matters.
- Leading fieldwork, managing performance and keeping engagement leaders updated on audit engagements
- Completing audit processes and documenting higher-risk areas to increase your technical and business skills in areas including revenue, financial instruments and income taxes
- Engaging clients and providing authoritative advice and professionalism throughout transactions
- Constantly developing your understanding of current market trends and processes and sharing your knowledge to develop junior colleagues
- Understanding our clients’ unique ambitions and needs and referring them to colleagues in other teams and areas to broaden our business relationships where possible
Qualifcations and Qualities
- A honours degree in an accounting, finance or business discipline
- ACA/CA/ACCA (ICAEW, ICAS, Irish Institute or equivalent international qualification) -preferably first time passes
- Experience leading the planning, execution and reporting on audits
- Proven project management skills
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills and a collaborative approach to management
- Excellent technical expertise with proven industry knowledge in either Energy, Real Estate, Products & Services or Technology Media and Telecoms.
- Proven experience in delivering external audit and assurance engagements.