Audit Assistant Manager
Job Description Summary:
Role - Audit Assistant Manager
Location - Birmingham
Opening date: 29/06/2020
Closing date: 26/07/2020
Salary: Competitive Job Description:
Join us and you'll shape more than just your career. We believe we're best positioned to make a meaningful impact on the economy. Every day we provide a diverse range of organisations with the kind of business and financial advice it takes to do this. Our ideas and insight empower our clients to make big decisions about the future and unlock sustainable growth. Through our fresh thinking and agile working, we help businesses, communities and our people to flourish.
The time you spend outside of work helps shape what you can bring to our firm. We value the commitments you may have outside of work and will consider all flexible working applications.
Who we are:
Grant Thornton is a leading Accounting and Advisory firm working with a large range of clients across the UK. We are a leading business adviser that helps dynamic organisations unlock their potential for growth. We have created our own unique culture, one that allows you to have the autonomy to make your own decisions within a flexible structure, in an atmosphere where inclusivity and teamwork are essential.
Our Assistant Managers are pivotal to client engagement and delivery. As a qualified ACA/ACCA, you will be taking the lead in client take-on, delivery, mentoring, and will be empowered to act as a trusted business adviser to our clients.
What you'll be doing:
- you'll work as part of the team, leading on site audit teams, effectively providing a hands on compliance and/or advisory role that exceeds client expectations
- you'll be trusted to oversee all aspects of audit planning, fieldwork and completion for a portfolio of clients
- you'll prepare or review work papers and drafts of the financial statements
- you'll allocate work to other members of the audit team, ensuring associates understand their responsibilities and have received excellent on-the-job coaching and that any areas for development are identified
- you'll produce commercial management reports, specifically drafting sections of the report to management
Who we're looking for:
- you'll be fully qualified (ACA, CA, ACCA or equivalent) with the ability to lead external audits (minimum criteria)
- you'll have experience of leading complex audits and delegating workloads accordingly
- you'll ideally have previous experience of auditing mid-market clients
- you'll be comfortable using audit software and Microsoft packages
Your personal development plan will help you grow your skills. And you'll be able to shape your career within your team or by moving across our business or going on secondments in the UK and across our global network of member firms. You'll also enjoy a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package designed to meet your individual needs.