- Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 Mar 19
Job Title: Assistant Consultant Location: Birmingham Salary: Competitive
Our People Advisory Services (PAS) business is focused on people management and our vision is to provide a cohesive people management solution across a broad spectrum of specialties, such as reward management, global mobility, HR transformation, legislative compliance and much more. PAS is a newly developed go to market approach which connects the collective power of our Human Capital and People & Organisational Change practices into an integrated service line. This enhanced set of joint people capabilities allows us to truly help organisations deal with their most complex people and transformational change challenges, enabling them to be the best they can be. PAS meets the scale and complexity of how and where our clients work globally, making us the number one trusted advisor to our clients and furthering our commitment to building a better working world.
PAS has five key pillars: Mobility, Reward, Talent, Systems, and Performance.
In Mobility, we work with our clients to manage the complex compliance, reporting and risks inherent in deploying a globally mobile workforce. We place great importance on providing valuable tax planning advice in order to facilitate the most cost effective and efficient operations for our clients.
As part of our global network, PAS benefits from strategic investment in a number of its service lines and forecasts significant growth in the short to medium term.
Working in Mobility at EY offers fantastic opportunities to develop client relationships early on in your career. You will be involved in the day to day delivery of exceptional client service, and will be responsible for the management of relationships across a broad range of stakeholders.
We are looking to recruit an Assistant Tax Advisor in our Birmingham office, to provide "technical" support to more senior members of staff, with the longer-term aim of developing into a "tax professional"
Your Key Responsibilities
- To contribute to the efficient and successful delivery of tax services to the client
- Build and maintain tax relationships with clients and provide high levels of client service
- Build relationships both within the firm and externally with clients, identifying opportunities and managing expectations
- Contribute to winning new work by proactively managing existing clients and contribute to winning new clients.
- Manage the successful delivery of tax projects, ensuring technical excellence and practical/business driven approach taken
- Responsible for day-to-day client liaison
- Provide full tax services to a client portfolio
Skills and Attributes for Success
- Negotiation skills, able to sustain opinion and handle challenges
- Attention to detail with a commitment to high quality and accuracy
- Self starter; willing to be accountable for your decisions and output
- Excellent communication skills - written, questioning and listening
- Outgoing with good relationship skills and the ability to deliver quality output
- Calm & methodical, can adhere to and manage deadlines
To qualify for the role you must have:
- A degree of flexibility to meet client /department needs and deadlines
- Team player; ability to integrate with new teams quickly
- Quick learner; able and willing to carry out a range of client and technical work
- Good numerical skills
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
- Computer literate including a good knowledge of excel and word
Ideally, you'll also have:
- Expatriate Tax or global mobility experience an advantage
- Study support may be available towards the ATT or CTA as applicable
- Commercially aware with a general interest in business and finance
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.