Messaging Systems Engineer - IBM MQSeries
- GBP500 - GBP550 per day
- Beverley, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 14 Jan 19
My client, an Investment Bank based in Yorkshire is looking for an Enterprise Messaging Engineer to join their team.
- Administration and support of enterprise wide MQ messaging infrastructure on both distributed & Mainframe platforms.
- Work with application development teams providing support of middleware components.
- Define and maintain middleware standards and governance including MQ and API administration and utilization.
- Utilize industry standard technologies & methods to insure the integrity & recoverability of MQ based applications incl. but not limited to: backup & recovery, clustering, security, patch management, enterprise monitoring & performance tuning.
- Perform strategic analysis and design of MQ infrastructure and makes recommendations on improvements and/or new systems required to meet business needs and future capacity.
- Prepare and maintain professional documentation required to run and maintain the environment.
- Automation of processes and development of tools to support the engineering and operation functions.
- Participate in regular on call rotation, providing 24x7 support meeting business SLA's
- Subject Matter Expert for Enterprise messaging products.
- Contributor to the enterprise messaging strategy.
- Partner with the business, production services and application development teams to implement messaging solutions.
- Administering and supporting IBM MQSeries on distributed and/or Mainframe platforms.
- JMS Based messaging Implementations.
- Operations and /or Engineering of large scale Banking Messaging eco-systems.
- Java (or similar language)
- Python (or similar)
- Software provisioning and/or configuration management tools (experience with Ansible particularly desirable)
- Performance testing and tuning.