CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. We're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
To learn more about what a career at CME Group can offer you, visit us at www.wherefuturesaremade.com . CME Belfast is devoted to creating and leading the evolution of the testing discipline into the world of DevOps, Microservices and CICD. With an aggressive Test Fluency programme spanning several years, our testers are recognised to play a pivotal role in the team. The Role
This exciting and varied role is a great opportunity to hone your expertise, accelerate delivery and enhance the quality within CME. We offer a fantastic supportive learning environment to help Test Engineers from a Manual or Automation background really progress and develop their careers.
Successful Dev-Ops adoption emphasises testing through out every aspect of the development cycle.
At CME an ambitious three-year programme has led to the transformation of the test practices across the entire development cycle, and placed testers at the heart of agile development.
We are seeking testers, with ambitious horizons, who want to play a significant and rewarding role within development teams as they adopt "shift left" test practices. Responsibilities
The Test Engineer Role is expected to provide and evangelise innovative testing solutions within their teams. We want Test Engineers who are creative, smart, pragmatic, motivated and collaborate well with the teams they work with.
As a team member you have responsibility to develop the team's testing mindset and approach, participating in reviews all aspects of the SDLC cycle.
Delivery starts with participating in architectural decisions from the context of testability, to refinement of stories, working alongside developers to assist delivery frameworks for CI/CD, analysing automation gaps and developing "shift left" non-functional test automation capabilities.
Coding is not a requirement, but you may wish to avail of the opportunity in working alongside developers to develop this side of your skillset. You will assist in defining quality controls and be capable of debugging and testing the end-to-end value stream. Cool things about working in CME Test:
- An Opportunity to further your skills whether in coding or shift left techniques through participating in CME's Test Fluency programme
- We consider testing to be at the core of our development processes
- Opportunity to work with Technical Experts in Enterprise processing
- You will be joining teams already with a mindset of shift left, whole team approaches to Test and a significant automation capability already on place.
- Every user story will have clearly defined testable acceptance criteria
- We provide bespoke training opportunities to develop new skills and expertise
- A team with a focus on innovation and embracing early adoption of practices and technologies.
- Multi-disciplinary and autonomous DevOps teams, including Testers, Developers, Analysts and local operations teams
- Strong identity and accountability for the entire value stream
- Flexible home working policy
- Where differing views and debate are respected and encouraged
- 3+ years' experience in Agile Development teams, as responsible Tester, whether manual or automated.
- Knowledge of modern DevOps principles and "Shift Left" Test approaches
- Proven & demonstrable experience working closely with application teams to improve their testing and automation approaches
- Creative mindset, is proactive & able to build their own tools or re-use open source tools for solutions