Technology Risk Management Senior Analyst
CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. We're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
To learn more about what a career at CME Group can offer you, visit us at www.wherefuturesaremade.com .
The Global Information Security (GIS) Technology Risk Management Senior Analyst will work with peers in GIS and across the Technology Division to ensure that Technology risks are properly identified, assessed, monitored, and communicated in support of the overall GIS Risk Management program. The Senior Analyst will assist with the continuous improvement and daily operation of the Technology Risk Management program.
- Work with peers in the 1st and 2nd line of defense functions to identify and assess Information Security risks
- Conduct tabletop, lightweight, and detailed risk assessments using CME Group's established InfoSec risk management framework
- Collaboratively author and edit various risk-related documents, including Risk Profiles, Risk Advisory Memos, Risk Acceptance Memos, exceptions and variances from GIS technical policies and standards, and other related output resulting from risk adjudication activities
- Participate in and contribute to various working groups across the Technology Division, including but not limited to the Enterprise Architecture Board, various change advisory boards, Identity & Access Management working group, Data Protection working group, etc.
- Assist the GIS Technology Risk Management function with:
- Continuous improvement and maturation of the methods, instrumentation, training, documentation, and processes required to properly manage InfoSec risks
- Providing advisory and consulting services to the Information Technology Management Team related to InfoSec risks, treatment strategies, and decision-making
- Preparation of management reports, presentations, metrics, and other documentation required to support governance functions
- Compiling and delivering business and operational metrics at regular intervals.
- Promoting a culture of risk awareness and accountability through training, education, and risk management consultative support
- Problem Solving:
- Objectively assess the impact, likelihood, velocity, and magnitude of identified risks
- Objectively advise on any number of technical controls that will mitigate risk will not imposing undue burden on those who must implement the controls
- Drive objectivity and build consensus among stakeholders with widely divergent perspectives and drivers
- Rapidly analyze complex technical details
- Synthesize detailed analysis into a "big picture" view that can be easily understood by non-technical stakeholders in order to support risk-based decision-making for senior managers within the Technology Division
- Decision Making:
- Recommend risk treatment decisions
- Recommend ranges of controls when risk mitigation is desired
- Recommend improvements to methods, instrumentation, training, documentation, and processes
- Recommend solutions for automating and streamlining InfoSec risk management practices
- Working Relationships:
- Daily interaction with peers across all elements of the Technology Division.
- Communicate regularly with cross-functional peers outside of the Technology Division, including General Counsel, Records Retention, Global Assurance (internal audit), Enterprise Risk Management, Third Party Risk Management, and other business unit leadership.
- Interact occasionally with industry peers from other SIFMUs, research organizations, solution providers, etc.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Relevant experience in publicly traded companies or finance/technology industry operations.
- Experience in at least two of the following: InfoSec (Operations, Program Management, Governance, Risk Management, etc.), Enterprise Architecture, Identity & Access Management, Application Development, Infrastructure & Operations, IT Compliance, or Internal Audit.
- Experience working with industry based information security and / or control frameworks (NIST Cyber Security Framework, ISO 27002, CobIT, etc.).
- Demonstrable knowledge of a broad range InfoSec technologies and practices.
- Demonstrable, impeccable writing skills for technical, management, and executive audiences.
Additional preferred experience:
- Demonstrable knowledge of InfoSec risk management methods and practices
- Experience with recommending, implementing, or operating GRC solutions
- Professional certification in InfoSec or Risk Management (such as CRISC, CISM, CISSP, CGEIT, CISA, etc.)