Technology Delivery Director
Job description Responsibilities
As a Director, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Proactively lead the practise by setting strategy, drive the development of new business in the market, and provide technical advice across disciplines
- Building strong networks within the firm to spot and capitalise on opportunities to get involved in projects that others are leading across a number of different business units and sectors
- Identifying and discussing key issues with our clients to identify potential opportunities
- Responsibility for a majority of day to day client communications
- Responsibility to shape and deliver various projects that exceed the expectations of our clients and our own assignment quality criteria
- Manage and deliver large projects by developing the project team, assessing engagement risks throughout, driving conclusions, and reviewing / challenging the output produced by the team
- Responsibility for management of engagement financials
- Helping to grow and develop our team through hands on training and coaching
About the role
Working with our clients' leadership teams, our enterprise solution architect will lead the architectural design and solution components of highly complex, often business critical multi-application environments to enable and unlock new value streams within the client's technology base. They will have a wealth of experience of hands on delivery of multi-year systems integration programmes for tier 1 technology firms at blue chip international clients. They have led large, multi-disciplinary teams which may include partner teams, across the full life-cycle of a project, practising agile delivery methods and utilising 'new' technology such as IoT. They are able to provide diagnostic leadership on current architectures and to be the technical and solution lead in senior client discussions in both proposal and delivery phases.
They set themselves apart by being able to solution together both emerging often cloud based technologies and client legacy systems in a way that delivers value to the client and enables the client to move to an agile technology base. They will work with partners to make appropriate software and vendor choices to support this plan and apply several best-of-breed technologies to create an overall solution. Ultimately working with clients to grow revenue, remove complexity, scale globally, reduce costs and set our clients for success in the digital age.
- Opportunity for working from home? (Yes)
- Amount of time client based (70%+)
- Opportunity for job sharing? (No)
- Need to travel/overnight stays away from home (Yes)
- Opportunity for flexible working (hours)? (Yes)
- Typical amount of time PwC office based (20%)
The enterprise solution architect will have a proven track record in helping global brands transform their organisations driven by business case, taking lead roles in solution and technical architecture. Furthermore, the ideal candidate will
- Have extensive examples of leading the solution architecture of large business case driven technical transformations encompassing the wide range of multi-disciplinary skills required to deliver change through emerging technologies;
- Be a trusted adviser, with a track record of advising senior executives and company boards on executing value led technical transformation within leading organisations;
- Have 10+ years' experience as a technical/solution architect - with a successful track record of designing and delivering complex projects including emerging technologies underpinned by cloud components, in one or more industries The candidate will have experience in all of the following areas
- Emerging Technology AI, RPA, Drones, Robotics, Blockchain,
- Industry recognised standard applications SAP, Oracle, Salesforce, Workday
- Transformational Enterprise Architectures Integration, API's, Containers etc.
- Enterprise cloud vendors Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform
- They will have market presence, having a personal significant track record of delivering impactful results across a large network of clients;
- An inspiring team leader, able to rapidly establish and lead high-performing, multi-disciplinary teams, drawn from across PwC, our clients' staff and third party organisations;
- Be an accomplished in building effective relationships with third-party delivery organisations through the process of sourcing selecting, and managing the technical engagement with vendors/software providers;
- A confident and impactful communicator, both written and verbal, able to clearly explain solution design to non-technical audiences, and technical design to technical audiences;
We're one of the world's leading professional services organisations. From 158 countries, we help our clients, some of the most successful organisations on the globe, as well as its most dynamic entrepreneurs and thriving private businesses, to create the value they want. We help to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them. The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/apply Diversity
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/diversity