Technical Support Engineer
CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. Weâ€™re small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
To learn more about what a career at CME Group can offer you, visit us at www.wherefuturesaremade.com .
The support engineer role support will support CMEâ€™s enterprise scheduling solution software â€" Broadcom Automic Workload Scheduler/UC4 as part of a global team. This is a junior level role, the candidate will be provided technical training and support on various technologies to perform the role and for career development. This individual will be a key contributor supporting critical business processing and automation for CMEâ€™s complex and ever evolving trading and clearing environments.
They will be accountable for the performance of a system which is critical to CMEâ€™s business, executing hundreds of thousands of operations per day across multiple environments and locations globally. Principal Accountabilities:
- Joining the UC4/Automic workload administration team, the candidate will have training to help support the Broadcom Automic Workload/UC4 application, including installation, upgrades, patching, disaster recovery, deployment/configuration, Linux/Windows administration, troubleshooting and day-to-day automation support.
- Following training , the candidate will help maintain and improve the system's stability and reliability, health checking, performance management, troubleshooting, along with other colleagues in the team
- Learn and contribute to the automation of manual technology processes, using scripting languages, SQL and Chef.
- Manage and execute enhancement projects in support of the team and business goals.
- Assist other IT teams in the implementation and coordination of UC4 deployments.
- Assist in disaster recovery/BCM planning and events.
- Work closely and collaborate with global team members based in the US, India and Europe.
- Deliver regular UC4 training sessions to CMEâ€™s user community.
Strong ability to learn new technologies and processâ€™s (essential) Strong communication and documentation skills(essential) Knowledge of automation using scripting â€" linux shell, powershell, Chef, Jenkins (beneficial) Knowledge of SQL queries (highly beneficial) Knowledge of linux or windows support(highly beneficial) Knowledge of Broadcom Automic Workload/UC4 or equivalents- BCM Control-M, Broadcom Autosys (beneficial). Experience of BMC Remedy, Splunk, AWS (useful) Process oriented, strong organization skills, self-motivated and able to work under pressure. Ability to work as a team player and collaborate. Education:
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or equivalent is beneficial.
1 year of development, administration or production support experience(beneficial)