Systems Engineer II - ETPA
2022 is an exciting year for technology professionals to join CME Group following the recent $1bn equity investment from Google. CME Group has also agreed a long-term partnership with Google to migrate our technology infrastructure to Google Cloud in a visionary partnership to transform the global derivatives markets through technology.
"Bringing together CME Group's best-in-class financial talent with Google Cloud's deep engineering expertise will help accelerate technological innovation in capital markets infrastructure." - Thomas Kurian, CEO, Google Cloud
The Systems Engineer II in ETPA supports, with supervision, primarily in the areas of electronic trading applications in the customer facing environments.
The candidate must have knowledge of application deployment/configuration and be comfortable with the Linux platform, as well as be able to troubleshoot application issues.
Strong communication skills are required.
- Hands on Linux/Unix system experience either as a systems administrator or software developer.
- Strong hands on shell scripting skills in either Bash, Bourne or Korn shell.
- Experience with application support, web technologies, APIs and microservices.
- Have a passion for problem solving and automation and a willingness to continue growing skills in this area.
- Self-motivated and a self-starter. If you have a question, be pro-active in finding the answer and communicate your learnings with teammates
- Excellent oral and written skills.
- Experience with CI/CD pipeline tools such as Jenkins and Ansible.
- Experience with cloud and container technology such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with infrastructure management technology such as Chef.
- Experience with 3rd party middleware such as Kafka and/or IBM MQSeries.
- Work closely with our Technical Operations and Business Operations teams on critical issues by troubleshooting technical problems in data flow or configuration - partnering with other teams (DBAs, Networking, Development, etc) as needed for the resolution.
- Deploy in-house and 3rd party applications with a keen focus on automation.
- Automate manual processes via scripting and/or tools
- Provide effective and timely solutions in a very fast-paced environment where multitasking and attention to detail is critical.
CME Group: Where Futures Are Made
CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. With 2,500 employees located around the world, we're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.