Software Engineer in Test
CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. We're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
To learn more about what a career at CME Group can offer you, visit us at www.wherefuturesaremade.com .
This exciting and varied role is a great opportunity to accelerate the delivery and enhance the quality of the CME Enterprise Data Flows teams. This is an excellent time to join a growing team, as we design, build and maintain a portfolio of asynchronous micro services in AWS. The Software Engineer in Test is expected to contribute and drive test automation solution delivery and building innovative technical solutions.
We want SET engineers who are creative, smart, pragmatic, motivated and collaborate well with the teams they work with. As a team member you have responsibility to develop and drive the team's testing mindset and approach throughout the entire development and deployment lifecycle, participating in PR reviews and pair programming with your team. You will get exposure to a wide variety of functional and non-functional automated tools and frameworks to use and contribute to, as well as designing your own. This is a fantastic role for a hands on technical tester who already builds and maintains test automation frameworks, or for a developer who is "test obsessed" and wants to the challenge of broadening their skills to design and develop new tools and frameworks in different languages. Principal Accountabilities
- Experience in a core programming language (Java, Python, Go, C#) and object orientated development
- Experience in contributing to and building automated continuous integration and continuous delivery pipelines
- Creative mindset, is proactive & able to build their own tools or re-use open source tools for solutions
- Working in an Agile or DevOps culture
- Creative and curious mindset, able to challenge the status quo and think outside the box for solutions
- Knowledge of manual testing approaches & techniques
- Server side experience on asynchronous micro services and event driven messaging technologies, preferably Kafka
About the team:
CME Belfast is devoted to creating and leading the evolution of the testing discipline into the world of DevOps, Microservices and CI/CD. With an aggressive DevTestOps programme spanning several years, our testers are recognised to play a pivotal role in the team.
- Opportunity to work with experienced and highly collaborative DevOps teams building robust low latency micro services on cloud platforms
- Unique & bespoke training opportunities provided to grow your experience and develop your career
- Working with teams who have a focus on innovation and embracing early adoption of practices and technologies e.g. Blue Green deployments & canary testing, ephemeral infrastructure, Contract testing with PACT, automated resiliency and performance testing, container adoption for Continuous integration and more.
- Ability to contribute to the design, test or build at every part of the application stack and deployment pipeline