Software Engineer III
CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. We're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
To learn more about what a career at CME Group can offer you, visit us at www.wherefuturesaremade.com .
CME Technology and Support Services is relentlessly focused on developing the worlds most advanced electronic trading, post trade processing and risk management systems. We are the world's leading and most diverse derivatives market place providing risk management solutions that help drive the global economy. Our customers include leading investment and commercial banks, hedge funds, proprietary trading firms, pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, asset managers, corporations, and individual traders.
The selected candidate will join the CME Engineering and Execution team in Belfast as a Software Engineer, initially supporting CME Workstation. The Belfast team is a high performing group of individuals that deliver on a broad range of functions including systems/business analysis, software development and quality assurance services. The team is responsible from initial request review, impact assessment, and prioritization through to solution implementation.
CME Workstation is a next generation trading platform that will provide access to CME Group futures and options markets, as well as the BrokerTec repo and fixed income platform, and the EBS foreign exchange market.
This is an exciting opportunity to work on a greenfield project on microservices based architecture hosted in Docker and orchestrated by Kubernetes.
Although initially working in the CME Workstation space, the engineering and execution team also develop a variety of trading and post-trade solutions, supporting our exchange and clearing business. Internal mobility and flexibility are a key part to our agile approach to technology delivery. The successful candidate, throughout their career, will form a key part in driving our success across technology, and will find opportunities to work in a variety of projects and technologies, beyond their initial team and specialism.
- Write application modules and unit tests with guidance
- Design with guidance and code independently.
- Assist with code optimization.
- Participate in code reviews whilst reviewing code to proactively identify and mitigate potential issues and defects.
- Help to identify sources of defects as well as troubleshoots various forms of code.
- Support continuous improvement, contributing to adoption of best practice and process improvements
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related discipline is required. Please note equivalent combination of education and relevant proven work experience will be considered.
- Excellent .NET development capabilities and experience in at least one of the following
- ASP.NET Core
- .NET Core Framework
- .NET Framework
- Experience of building high performance applications
- Development of Web API's
- Experience of coding in a story-driven Agile environment.
- Prior experience working in financial services/exchange space.
- Prior experience working with BDD methodologies and automated acceptance criteria.
- Experience developing containerised services in Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience of Kafka, Diffusion (Push Technologies)
- Prior experience using Confluence, JIRA, or other Atlassian tools.
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines, for example Jenkins, XL Release
- Experience with static analysis and security scanning tools such as Checkmarx