Software Engineer II
CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. We're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
To learn more about what a career at CME Group can offer you, visit us at www.wherefuturesaremade.com .
The selected candidate will join the CME Engineering and Execution team in Belfast as a Software Engineer II, initially supporting the Enterprise Data Flow team. The Software Engineer II engineers secure, scalable and reliable technology solutions, with appropriate mentoring, to advance CME in the global marketplace and serve risk management needs of customers around the world.
Although initially working in Enterprise Data Flow team space, the engineering and execution team also develop a variety of trading and post-trade solutions, supporting our exchange and clearing business. Internal mobility and flexibility are a key part to our agile approach to technology delivery. The successful candidate, throughout their career, will form a key part in driving our success across technology, and will find opportunities to work in a variety of projects and technologies, beyond their initial team and specialism.
• Applies basic tools knowledge to maintain designs to reflect modifications.
• Considers the importance of industry standards/best practices while working (little exposure).
• Develops unit tests with minimal guidance.
• Exhibits elementary knowledge of database SQL, including basic database modeling and tuning.
• Exhibits elementary language knowledge proficiency; Writes application modules and unit tests with guidance.
• Helps with code optimization based on delegated tasks. Participates in code reviews and helps with environment build deployments; Corrects identified defects and issues and finds own bugs.
• Bachelor's degree (with honours) or equivalent, but substantial relevant experience could substitute
• Experience of making a contribution to both technical approach & deliveries
• Experience in core Java skills
• Ability to write clean, bug-free code that is easy to understand, and easily maintainable.
• Experience with Spring frameworks (Spring Boot, Spring Cloud)
• Experience with RESTful APIs, SQL and DBMS in an enterprise environment
• Experience with Linux and shell scripting
• Experience using Streaming Technologies such as Apache KAFKA
• Experience with automation and continuous integration tools such as Jenkins & Chef
• Experience of financial markets/exchange space and working with financial applications
• Experience coding in a story-driven, agile environment
• Experience using Confluence, JIRA, or other Atlassian tools
• Experience working in organisations with colleagues in other locations