CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. We're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
To learn more about what a career at CME Group can offer you, visit us at www.wherefuturesaremade.com .
The selected candidate will join the CME Engineering and Execution team in Belfast as a Software Engineer, initially supporting the Enterprise Data Flow team. The Software Engineer engineers secure, scalable and reliable technology solutions, with appropriate mentoring, to advance CME in the global marketplace and serve risk management needs of customers around the world.
Although initially working in Enterprise Data Flow team space, the engineering and execution team also develop a variety of trading and post-trade solutions, supporting our exchange and clearing business.
Internal mobility and flexibility are a key part to our agile approach to technology delivery. The successful candidate, throughout their career, will form a key part in driving our success across technology, and will find opportunities to work in a variety of projects and technologies, beyond their initial team and specialism.
- Works well in a team, fostering an environment of collaboration and innovation. Shows a desire for continual learning.
- Participates in continuous improvement efforts by suggesting practical means of reducing time to market while maintaining high quality products (i.e. - process improvements/automation opportunities).
- Participates in story review, providing constructive feedback and input on both work effort estimation as well as architecture/design improvements.
- Applies knowledge of java language, DBMS and middle-ware technologies in writing code and unit tests to develop key services.
- Participates in code reviews, growing knowledge and sharing across the team.
- Assists with environment build deployments, release notes, and build notices.
- Provides 3rd Line Support for applications and services, participates in troubleshooting efforts, proposing potential fixes and workarounds.
- Embraces and enforces CME Group SDLC and information security standards.
• Bachelor's degree (with honours) or equivalent, but substantial relevant experience could substitute.
• Experience of making a contribution to both technical approach & deliveries.
• Experience in core Java skills.
• Ability to write clean, bug-free code that is easy to understand, and easily maintainable.
• Experience with Spring frameworks
• Experience with RESTful APIs, SQL and DBMS in an enterprise environment.
• Experience with Linux and shell scripting.
• Experience using Streaming Technologies such as Apache KAFKA.
• Experience with automation and continuous integration tools such as Jenkins & Chef.
• Experience of financial markets/exchange space and working with financial applications.