Senior KYC Analyst
Description Overview of Citi:
- Primary Location: United Kingdom,Northern Ireland,Belfast
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Compliance and Control
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 19024652
Citi, the world leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and a presence in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions worldwide. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Citi enables clients to achieve their strategic financial objectives by providing them with cutting-edge ideas, best-in-class products and solutions, and unparalleled access to capital and liquidity.
The Information Services Group (ISG) is responsible for providing authoritative sources of reference data to our clients across the Institutional Client Services (ICG) organisation. Combining strong operational support units that partner with IT to implement state of the art technologies which promote the collection, storage, analysis, and distribution of product, pricing, account and corporate action data. The ISG organisation works in partnership with data clients across all ICG business lines, deploying solutions to increase their competitiveness, through restructuring business processes, simplifying information access, and providing business intelligence around critical data. Team/Function Overview:
The team is responsible for execution of Know Your Customer processes for Markets Business in accordance with Citi compliance policies. New clients of the bank are subject to collection and review of documentary evidence pre trade. Existing clients of the bank are subject to KYC periodic review in accordance with the firms Refresh program and regulatory obligations. KYC Operations ensures that all statutory and regulatory obligations are met across its Client On-boarding and KYC Refresh programs in accordance with the firms AML policy. Role / Position Overview:
Senior KYC Analyst will be responsible for the research and completion of KYC reviews, both periodic reviews & new client on-boarding. Completing all in line with regulatory and policy standards.
The role includes liaison with sales, client on boarding, compliance and operational groups across the firm.
As a Senior KYC Checker/Lead will be a subject matter expert in the KYC arena and will be completing all levels of KYC cases. Required to work with a relative autonomy. Key Responsibilities:
- Conduct end to end review of KYC Records
- Managing personal workload and prioritising work efforts accordingly to meet business needs
- Engage with internal stakeholders/Compliance and ensure timely completion of records
- Research and validation of customer identification data/evidence using appropriate internal and external data sources
- Ensure customers classified in line with required policy standards and industry regulations
- Achieve operational goals set, and deliver against agreed targets in terms of quality and productivity
- Ongoing maintenance/refresh of existing customer data
- Provide updates at regular meetings with internal stakeholders, such as Compliance, etc.
- Assist with remediation projects / initiatives and report on progress as required
The successful candidate will have an excellent career growth and personal development opportunity, leading teams within a dynamic environment. Increasing regulatory requirements in the KYC/AML space as well as potential functional growth alignment will provide the candidate with a strong opportunity to develop career at Citi.
The candidate will also gain exposure to operating in a global fast paced investment bank where in-house technology support is directly available to influence the design and improve efficiency of the onboarding process. Qualifications Criteria/Qualifications:
- Preferred, not desirable - ACAMS, Any other prominent certification in AML/KYC
Financial services related qualifications would be advantageous (e.g. IAQ or similar)
- A proven track record of relevant KYC/AML experience (i.e. Quality Assurance, Client Onboarding, Compliance, Audit and Regulation)
- Experience and knowledge of AML and KYC compliance objectives and regulatory requirements and objectives Skills:
- Demonstrate ability to get work done within a pressurised environment
- Proven ability to work independently and be a self-starter
- Exceptional organization and process adherence ability
- Intermediate technical skills including intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise, multi-task and work within tight and changeable timeframe while still maintaining high level of accuracy
- Strong analytical skills and time management skills, excellent attention to details
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and aptitude for communicating with senior management
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with strong ability to influence & build consensus
- Ability to work with internal stakeholders (e.g. Compliance) & partners (e.g. Trainers, Senior Management) to develop and execute on process enhancements.
What we Offer:
- Good communication skills - this will be a role with a high level of senior business and client interaction
- Planning & Organisation - ability to manage large workloads and balance multiple priorities
- Interpersonal skills & Relationship building
- Flexible attitude to role specifics. Must be willing to adapt to needs of business, often at short notice
- Proactive approach to process improvement, actively seeks opportunities for change that benefit the wider team
As well as a competitive salary and consideration for a yearly discretionary bonus Citi offer;
•23 days paid annual leave
•Award winning pension scheme,
•Life assurance and
•Private medical insurance with Bupa healthcare.
In addition, we offer a competitive maternity, paternity and adoption leave scheme and employees also have the option (provided they have a student loan from the Student Loan Company) to divert saver and company match contributions to their student loan. We pride ourselves on our ability to offer employees a number of lifestyle benefits including; on site restaurant and coffee shops, online shopping and concierge service and subsidised clubs and societies.
Our Select Benefit package offers you the opportunity to customise your benefits according to your own lifestyle preferences and includes corporate discounts, memberships and a range of additional extras.
Our vast range of diversity networks and on site multi faith room demonstrates Citi's commitment to growing a diverse workforce.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience. Valuing Diversity:
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success. Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer