Senior IT Business Analyst
CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. We're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
To learn more about what a career at CME Group can offer you, visit us at www.wherefuturesaremade.com .
The selected candidate will join the Shared Services team within Engineering & Execution (E&E).
This role will align with the Trade Execution domain, including Order Entry + Routing, Matching and Market Data systems.
CME Globex is the premier electronic trading system providing global connectivity to the broadest array of futures and options across all asset classes. CME Group technology facilitates electronic trading, providing users across the globe with virtually 24-hour access to global markets. Globex is an open access marketplace that allows you to view the market, discover prices, and trade anonymously.
Our team works on the core trade execution systems at the centre of CME Globex. This system needs to blend ultra-low latency performance and the capacity to seamlessly facilitate the busiest trading days in the world economy with rock-solid reliability and integrity
The Sr. IT Functional Analyst role works in conjunction with business, operations, development, and testing teams to provide creative solutions that meet the needs of our business and maintain our technology profile. The analyst will perform project execution services including impact analysis, requirements discovery, test distillation, functional and logical design. They will empower delivery by creating a clear, shared understanding for the development team.
As analyst with this domain, s/he will be working in conjunction with analysts based in Chicago. Often this role will serve as "primary analyst", leading projects and helping to coach junior analysts. Principal Accountabilities:
- Analysis Planning, Monitoring, and Communication: Responsible for driving the analysis planning, analysis approach, and requirements management.
- Elicitation: Responsible for leading the elicitation sessions, story-boarding, prototyping, and analysis.
- Impact Analysis: Responsible for or contributing to the business need/case definition; Solicited for input on or provides contributions to the budget analysis or impact assessment for a primary domain; Defines the project feature set with high level requirements.
- Detailed Analysis: Responsible for performing detailed analysis activities such as detailed requirements, user stories, interface specs, UI specs, and report specs. Often serves as a project lead.
- Partnering with DEV and QA on solution assessment and validation
- Knowledge Management: Contributes to and manages the knowledge base for a primary domain, including both project artefacts and living artefacts. Seen as a go-to person.
- Solution Assessment and Validation: Partners with QA on testing strategy and test plan reviews; reviews the logical and physical design; Leads and facilitates user acceptance testing.
- Bachelor's degree (with honours) or equivalent/better strongly preferred, but substantial relevant experience could substitute.
- Significant experience in leading business or systems analysis efforts and/or teams, providing functional oversight to projects.
- Strong knowledge and experience of SDLC methodologies; agile is a big advantage.
- Ability to understand and absorb business & technology concepts quickly.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong collaboration skills in a global team
- Ability to work with individuals at all levels within and outside the organization
- Experience working with customer facing applications (GUI'S, API's)
- Performs tasks independently and effectively, meeting the stakeholder needs
- Analyzes high priority action items, identifies next steps, commits to next steps
- Experience within Financial Markets - asset classes, electronic trading, order management, market data, clearing, or post-trade processing
- Knowledge of financial messaging protocols, and in particular FIX
- Experience of writing user stories and epic in a story-driven, agile environment.
- Experience using Confluence, JIRA, or other Atlassian tools.
- Understanding of acceptance test driven development (ATDD), behaviour driven development (BDD) or domain specific language (DSL) automated testing
- Experience with visual modelling, message design + flow, process modelling, and/or data modelling tools