- Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 24 May 19
- Primary Location: United Kingdom,Northern Ireland,Belfast
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Audit
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 25 % of the Time
- Job ID: 19002609
Internal Audit (IA) is a global organization of over 1000 professionals covering Citi's global businesses and service to clients and customers in over 180 countries. Citi's Internal Audit division provides independent assessments of the company's governance, risk management and internal control environment for key stakeholders including the Board of Directors, senior management and Citi's numerous regulators globally. Internal Audit is a change agent within Citi aimed to enhance the control culture of Citigroup worldwide and thereby support senior management decision making around the globe.
This role directs the timely delivery of high quality; value added assurance and audit reports for a portfolio of business activities, which meet the requirements of the Boards of Citigroup and Citibank, their affiliates, and of Citi's respective regulators, globally.
Citi's 'Institutional Clients Group' (ICG) builds enduring relationships with clients by providing a full suite of strategic advisory and financing products to multinational and local corporations, financial and public sector institutions, governments, privately held businesses, and many of the world's most successful and influential individuals and families in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions.
ICG Operations is a key support and control partner to the businesses within ICG that include Markets, Securities Services, Corporate and Investment Banking (CIB) and Treasury and Trade Solutions, providing operational support to a number of sites primarily in the U.K. but also across EMEA and globally.
The EMEA 'Markets Operations Service Centre's and Cross Product Utility' IA team is a seven-member team led by a Senior Audit Manager responsible for coverage of the EMEA region.
- Product knowledge of Markets processes is desirable but not essential;
- Solid understanding of operations processes e.g. settlements, payments, corporate actions, margining, reconciliations, loan processing and regulatory compliance;
- Monitors the risk environment and assesses the emerging risks through the risk assessment and business monitoring process;
- Applies solid understanding of how internal audit collectively integrates with line management and control functions to accomplish the objectives of the function and overall business;
- Performs audits in accordance with corporate methodologies and professional standards, including assisting with drafting of audit reports and presenting issues to business management;
- Frequently involved in matters that require complex judgments and solutions based on sophisticated analytical thought;
- Completes assigned audits within budgeted timeframes and costs;
- Proactively advances integrated auditing concepts and use of technology including the development of automated routines;
- Develops effective senior line management relationships and has a strong understanding of the businesses;
- May negotiate internally often at higher levels on matters which have an impact on audits and risk assessments;
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Degree or equivalent combination of education / experience;
- Related certifications (CPA, ACA, CFA, CIA or similar) are a plus;
- Intermediate level experience in a related role with experience in business, functional and people management, with proven abilities in taking responsibility for issuing to stakeholder's high quality deliverables, according to strict timetables;
- Possesses strong organizational and interpersonal skills, makes sound decisions, exhibiting initiative, intuitive thinking and ability to work proactively without close supervision;
- Effective negotiation skills, a proactive and 'no surprises' approach in presenting issues and strength in sustaining independent views;
- This individual must be an articulate and effective communicator, both orally and in writing, with an energetic, charismatic and approachable style in order to influence a wide range of internal audiences including respective product, function, or regional executive management partners;
- A strong team player and a key contributor to the team's overall goals;
- Self-motivated, effective under pressure and willing to take personal responsibility;
- Proven track record of experience in financial services/capital markets audit/business/operations;
- Experience in or familiarity with financial regulations, governance requirements and regulatory expectations e.g. MIFID II, CTFC Dodd Frank etc, will be a distinct advantage;
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer