SS BCS Officer
Description Overview of Citi:
- Primary Location: United Kingdom,Northern Ireland,Belfast
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Risk Management
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Job ID: 19005805
Citi, the world leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and a presence in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions worldwide. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Citi enables clients to achieve their strategic financial objectives by providing them with cutting-edge ideas, best-in-class products and solutions, and unparalleled access to capital and liquidity. Team/Function Overview:
This role is part of Citi's Business Controls and Supervision (BCS) function. We exist to ensure that the appropriate controls are in place and met in our Front Office Markets businesses. As part of the Front Office team, we are the first Line of Defense in the business, making sure that Citi operates in compliance with Regulatory requirements and maintaining Citi's high standards.
In view of heightened expectations from Regulators and to maintain a strong and consistent global control environment, we are enhancing the Business Control and Supervision (BCS) function and looking for experienced individuals to join our team.
This role is part of the Global BCS team and will join a team of about 20 individuals in Belfast working on different aspects of Citi's controls. The Global BCS team is a key part of why Citi holds such a strong reputation in the market place and we need committed individuals to join this dynamic team. Role / Position Overview:
You will be part of the BCS team supporting the Securities Services business.
In this rewarding role you will leverage technology to build/devise system alerts and dashboards to ensure a robust and preventative control framework, in line with global enhancement initiatives across PFSS and Markets and Securities Services (MSS). This is not a role about technology but rather about finding creative solutions (some of which will be technological) that meet the needs of your business
You will work closely with Securities Services Business Management teams as well as with cross functional teams including Product Control, Legal, Compliance, Technology, and Operations to achieve your goals. Having the opportunity to build such an extensive network will really help you to be successful in this role, as well as keeping the work diverse and engaging for you. Key Responsibilities:
- Manage and improve business control metrics and Key Performance Indicators to maintain existing high standards of controls and enhance further
- Maintain detailed control documentation, procedures, key metrics and audit evidence
- Initiate and lead short, medium and long term projects to achieve the business control objectives
- Provide a valued and expert contribution to monthly/quarterly business control reviews and various control forums and Committee meetings as needed
- In your role as a Controls expert, Act as Chair / Secretary to specific control and governance committee or forums in support of FCC
- Support internal and external audit management, deliverables requests, control issue identification, escalation, tracking, and reporting.
In this role you will have the opportunity to learn about a number of products in a leading global investment bank. You will learn about the control environment that is required to satisfy Regulations both in the context of the Securities Services area of the PFSS team and as part of the wider Markets and Security Services Team in Belfast.
This is a multi-faceted role which will involve the development of business/product knowledge as well as business analysis, project management and investigative skills.
In the Belfast Markets team we have a significant focus on training both to learn more about the products and services in Citi and to develop your skills and career, which the successful candidate will be able to access.
The role also offers the opportunity to interact with wide network of individuals across the business, product control and Operations and Technology in addition to gaining exposure to the wider Business Control and Supervision group. Qualifications Knowledge/Experience:
- Experience in Risk Management, ideally in a controls function (for example audit, compliance, operational risk etc)
- Demonstrable experience of working in process improvement and re-engineering projects
- Technology knowledge or expertise to leverage technology tools
- Excellent analytical skills - able to interpret complex information, processes, regulations etc and turn them into practical controls
- Creative problem solving skills - able to think outside the box and explore solutions for soundness
- Strong communication skills - able to listen and identify key information from a range of audiences and to communicate this back, varying your approach to meet the needs of your business
- Strong time management, able to work remotely with support as required
- Able to make connections, build relationships across your business and beyond so that you can maximise the success in this role
Competencies: The successful candidate will need to have:
- A Degree qualification is preferred however all relevant career experience, in particular experience of Financial Institutions or a Corporate Risk environment will be considered as well.
- Qualifications in Maths and English (GCSE equivalent or above) are essential
What we Offer:
- A big picture outlook so that you can understand the controls required in Securities Services and identify solutions to problems, also with the ability to look at the detail and make sure it is going to work
- Strong desire to achieve excellence
- Intellectual curiosity
As well as a competitive salary and consideration for a yearly discretionary bonus Citi offer;
• 23 days paid annual leave
• Award winning pension scheme,
• Life assurance and
• Private medical insurance with Bupa healthcare.
In addition, we offer a competitive maternity, paternity and adoption leave scheme and employees also have the option (provided they have a student loan from the Student Loan Company) to divert saver and company match contributions to their student loan. We pride ourselves on our ability to offer employees a number of lifestyle benefits including; on site restaurant and coffee shops, online shopping and concierge service and subsidised clubs and societies.
Our select benefit package offers you the opportunity to customise your benefits according to your own lifestyle preferences and includes corporate discounts, memberships and a range of additional extras.
Our vast range of diversity networks and on site multi faith room demonstrates Citi's commitment to growing a diverse workforce.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience. Valuing Diversity:
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success. Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer