Job description Who we are
PwC's Operate delivers operational and managed services solutions to clients across a range of situations often associated with their regulatory, risk and/or compliance agendas. We bring together regulatory insight, highly skilled operational resource and an unrivalled technology offering to provide a high quality and cost effective solution to operational delivery challenges.
Our capabilities stretch across a number of business pillars including Financial Crime Operations, Compliance Operations, Change Management and Customer Management. We have almost 1,200 people located in our purpose built, secure delivery centre in Belfast; across our regional offices in London, Manchester, Glasgow and Edinburgh; and on a range of client sites.
About the role
- Write and optimize SQL statements
- Ensure performance, security, and availability of databases
- Prepare documentation and specifications
- Handle common database procedures such as upgrade, backup, recovery and migration.
- Profile server resource usage, and optimize and tweak as necessary
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Use Systems such as Jira, Sharepoint etc to document tasks, work and development
- Understand data classification / GDPR and its implications for data storage.
- Keen to learn and develop your skills.
- Experience of working in an agile development environment and with knowledge of one of the agile frameworks e.g. Scrum, XP, Kanban
Who we are looking for
- Strong proficiency with SQL and vendor variations
- Experience with a range of modern relational databases platforms and the flexibility to use Oracle on one project and SQL Server on the next.
- Skilled at optimizing large complicated SQL statements
- Knowledge of best practices when dealing with relational databases
- Capable of configuring popular database engines and orchestrating clusters/ sharding etc for best availability.
- Ability to build detailed requirements from high level specifications
- Capable of troubleshooting common database issues
- Familiar with tools that can aid with profiling server and query resource usage and optimizing
- Source Control Systems - Git / SVN
- Expertise in one of the mainstream cloud providers and their database offerings
- Any ETL tool experience e.g. SSIS
- BI/MI production and dashboarding e.g. Tableau / Power BI
- Data Modelling / Data Cleansing / Data obfuscation
- Automated Testing
We are recruiting for these roles in Belfast and London, however as a result of the wide variety of clients and projects, you may be asked to work in other locations within the UK and beyond, sometimes at short notice and sometimes over lengthy periods of time. Your desire and ability to do this will be discussed as part of the recruitment process. Candidates who are unable or do not wish to work on projects in other locations will still be considered. What's in it for you?
The role will be varied and challenging, providing you with an opportunity to work with a wide variety of high profile clients. We're also exceptionally passionate about providing you with the necessary skills, experience and training to help you develop both personally and professionally.
In addition to the client projects and training, our employees are also rewarded with various other benefits offered as part of your employment:
- Our dedicated internal Careers Service.
- Competitive salary plus a potential discretionary bonus (performance related)
- 25 days standard holiday pro rata, with options to increase this through your benefits package
- A flexible benefits scheme that can be tailored to suit your (and your family's) needs. Provision of a group pension plan with additional funding provided by PwC.
Closing date : Tuesday 6th August at 5.00pm
We're one of the world's leading professional services organisations. From 158 countries, we help our clients, some of the most successful organisations on the globe, as well as its most dynamic entrepreneurs and thriving private businesses, to create the value they want. We help to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them. The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/apply Diversity
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/diversity