SAP System Architect, Global IFS, Senior Manager
A career in Information Technology, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to support our core business functions by deploying applications that enable our people to work more efficiently and deliver the highest levels of service to our clients. You'll focus on managing the design and implementation of technology infrastructure within PwC, developing and enhancing both client and internal facing applications within PwC, and providing technology tools that help create a competitive advantage for the Firm to drive strategic business growth.
Our System Architecture team helps build customisable specific system solutions that enhance PwC's system capabilities to appropriately serve all client needs. As part of the team, you'll use enterprise architecture across application areas to build delivery models that map PwC capabilities to business needs outlined by clients.
As a Senior Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Proactively assist in the management of a portfolio of clients, while reporting to Directors and above
- Be involved in the financial management of clients
- Be actively involved in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients
- Develop project strategies to solve complex technical challenges for our clients
- Manage and deliver large projects by developing the project team, assessing engagement risks throughout, driving conclusions, and reviewing / challenging the output produced by the team
- Shape and deliver projects to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients and our own quality criteria
- Train, coach, and supervise team members
- Continue to develop internal relationships and developing your PwC brand
Demonstrates intimate abilities and/or a proven record of success as a team leader in making IT design recommendations, including the following areas
-Working in Architectural design and application delivery;
-Evaluating Software Development Lifecycles and methodologies including agile, scrum, iterative and waterfall, using blended resources;
-Displaying robust analytical thinking skills with the ability to identify, debug and resolve technical issues and Lean IT principles and data driven approaches;
-Working with Protection of intellectual property, disaster recovery planning and adherence to SDLC as well as COBIT, CMMI, PMM4, and ITIL;
-Displaying Architectural domain knowledge including cloud application architecture and container based deployment;
-Interpreting and translating goals into technical specifications, delivering thought leadership of specific technologies and driving technology change;
-Leveraging business and domain acumen to interpret and translate architecture plans to business plans;
-Supervising and establishing delivery of project initiatives;
-Building trusting and influential relationships and engaging with vendors and third parties as appropriate;
-Collaborating with other Architects and Developers to provide technical design guidance to align with strategy and applicable technical standards;
-Working independently to evaluate and make strategic decisions that will address specific technology design needs;
-Participating in the development of thought leadership to influence their sphere of technology in the use of innovation to advance business capabilities;
-Researching and evaluating emerging technologies and novel approaches in order to make recommendations to enhance business processes and/or create a competitive advantage;
-Collaborating with multidisciplinary teams in resolving complex technical issues; providing design guidance that follows the enterprise architecture vision and adheres to applicable application technology guidelines; and mitigating the impact of technical design to security, performance and data privacy;
-Participating in application solutions including assisting with planning and architectural design, development, resolution of technical issues and application rationalization;
-Displaying initiative and an ability to lead others;
-Providing coaching and technical mentoring; and,
-Learning rapidly and continuously taking advantage of new technologies, concepts and business models; demonstrating a history of staying current in emerging technology trends.
Not the role for you?
- Providing technical leadership to this large size/complexity/order-value enterprise scale projects/solutions;
- Exhibiting in depth knowledge of specified multiple technological areas, which includes knowledge of applicable processes, methodologies, standards, products and frameworks;
- Defining and documenting architecture, non-functional (architectural) requirements, and technical solutions;
- Imparting technical leadership to project team(s) to perform design to deployment related activities, provide guidance, perform reviews, prevent and resolve technical issues;
- Guiding team of system implementers, who would be responsible specific architectural area or part of the SAP architecture/solution;
- Collaborating with multiple teams within the PwC BOS programme to arrive at technical and tactical decisions; and,
- Displaying experience with S4 HANA, HANA, Fiori, CDS and other tools such as Analysis for Office.
Did you know PwC offer flexible contract arrangements as well as contingent work ( ie temporary or day rate contracting)? The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/apply Diversity
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/diversity