Regulatory Reporting Manager
- Jan 13, 2022
- £600 - £700 pd
Morgan McKinley is recruiting for a Regulatory Reporting Manager on behalf of a leading bank based in Belfast on an initial 18-month contract. The successful candidate will be rewarded with a day rate
Morgan McKinley is recruiting for a Regulatory Reporting Manager on behalf of a leading bank based in Belfast on an initial 18-month contract. The successful candidate will be rewarded with a day rate of upto £600.
- Regulatory Reporting AVP
- Team/Function Overview
The Operations Regulatory Control group is a centralized unit that is is responsible for the oversight of day-to-day compliance for regulatory reporting including exception management and risk mitigation for the EMEA Region.
The team is responsible for the review, action and oversight of daily Trade, Position and Transaction exception reporting data.
The team works very closely with Compliance, Business, Technology and Operations to interpret, investigate, and remediate regulatory related issues. Role / Position Overview
To provide supervision and oversight of key controls and processes supported by a team in Belfast.
Review of trade, position and transaction reporting validation and reconciliation exceptions pertaining to trade / transaction data submitted to numerous National Competent Authorities (including the FCA, Central Bank of Ireland, BaFIN, etc.)
Review, Design and Enhance key controls and metrics relevant to numerous regulations and assist with reporting to key stakeholders and senior management.
The individual will be responsible for working collaboratively with Operations, Technology, Compliance, Internal Audit and the business to maintain strong working relationship and a best-in-class approach to proactive governance and control management.
Key tasks to involve the monitoring of numerous regulatory processes within the Reporting team in Belfast, and to support the successful identification and remediation of failed controls (specifically but not limited to, the analysis of keys controls, UAT of future enhancements and regulatory reporting remediation tasks) The role will involve working in conjunction with the Reporting team supervisors in Belfast and Senior Management in London to highlight issues and raise solutions through interpretation of submitted data. Key Responsibilities
- Working as part of a team to identify key control enhancements, and monitoring and maintaining the remediation BOW for the Reporting team.
- Working in partnership with the Reporting Supervisors in Belfast and Senior Management in London and New York, to establish and maintain a robust control framework, produce timely and accurate MIS reports to a global audience, enhancing format and frequency where required. Identification of areas for improving existing processes and controls;
- Investigation of issues arising from the Reporting processes, QA reviews and Compliance/FCA and or Business Line queries, and escalation to management where appropriate;
- Extensive liaison with internal customers, notably Business Units, Information Technology, Other ORC areas and Compliance Management, whilst fostering partnerships with key contacts with open and honest feedback;
- First level review of key controls and similar risk management programs identifying and articulating process deficiencies, and co-ordinating UAT for Reporting related tasks;
- Work extensively with Change Management team and Quality Assurance team, to continually challenge and improve reporting process, articulating process risks;
- Collaborate with key stakeholders in order to implement business change, confirming that Business Requirement Documents and Test plans are provided ahead of User Acceptance testing to confirm that Reporting accuracy and completeness are maintained;
- Work with Business Units and Compliance in responding to internal and external business requests, and regulatory enquiries. Identify, prioritise and resolve Reporting issues, where required liaising with Compliance having determined materiality of issue;
- Monitor Market Regulatory forums and National Competent Authority notifications to ensure the bank is kept well informed and aware of all industry development
- Develop a greater understanding of Regulatory requirements, and in particular MiFID Reporting regulations
- Increase product and business knowledge through exposure to all areas of Capital Markets & Banking;
- Exposure to both short and long-term project management and tracking;
- Develop an understanding of the bank at a more strategic level;
- Opportunity to work collaboratively and to build effective working relationship with numerous Business Units, Operations departments, Internal Audit, and Compliance surveillance;
- Very strong links to escalation management and both project and time management;
- Interaction with senior bank representatives from Ops, Business and Technology, both written and verbal
- The ideal candidate must have extensive investment banking experience;
- The ideal candidate must have a Risk control and/or Regulatory Reporting background;
- The ideal candidate must have an understanding of front to back technology and business flows;
- Proven experience developing creative solutions to problems;
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative. BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.