Join us as a Mortgage Modelling Lead Analyst within Retail Mortgage Modelling
What you'll do
- You'll be developing and maintaining compliant and fit for purpose models used in the bank's risk framework
- With your skills and expertise, you'll be able to provide clear and well-presented analysis
- Join a collaborative and supportive team environment, where you'll be valued for sharing your ideas and learning from others
In this key role, you'll design, develop and maintain effective and compliant statistical risk and decision support models and related analytics. We'll look to you to deliver analytics and performance MI relating to risk models and for the development of new and enhanced approaches, in support of improved business and customer outcomes.
Your responsibilities will include:
The skills you'll need
- Providing business and other stakeholders with advice and support on model use, model impact and model implementation
- Supporting regulatory engagement and internal governance in relation to risk models and model frameworks
- Providing well documented models that meet the bank's standards and requirements
- Supporting the delivery of all milestones to agreed dates, budget and quality standards
You'll already have experience of working in a modelling function or some related quantitative function, part of which will have been in a retail or commercial banking environment.
We'll expect you to be qualified to degree level in a quantitative discipline with experience in data driven analysis and you'll have the ability to resolve complex problems and identify alternative solutions. Experience in statistical, mathematical and credit risk modelling would be an advantage.
You'll also need:
- Experience and knowledge of Python, SAS or other statistical programming languages
- An understanding of statistical techniques, and how they are applied appropriately for the benefit of the bank and our customers
- The ability to describe and justify technical processes in a clear and simple manner to non-technical audiences
- Experience and knowledge of AWS, or similar cloud environments, and experience working with large data in a mainframe or server environment
- Experience of risk systems, methodologies and processes in a retail or commercial banking environment
- An awareness of credit modelling regulations
- Good team working skills