Manager , IT Transformation, IT Advisory, EY, Belfast
- Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 19 Apr 19
Manager , IT Transformation, IT Advisory, EY, Belfast
At EY, we are expanding our Advisory practice and specifically building our Performance Improvement (PI) team. Due to this expansion we are seeking to recruit high achieving IT Project Management individuals to be part of our growing business.
As an IT Project Manager in IT Advisory, you'll be responsible for building valuable relationships with our clients by demonstrating repeated delivery capability.
Client Delivery: You will be responsible for the technical delivery of IT Projects and Programmes for the client on one or more engagements at a time, leveraging your knowledge and sector experience to resolve particular client/vendor issues.
Business Development: You'll be responsible for contributing to proposals and client presentations for complex IT delivery projects that require disciplined project management expertise.
Thought Leadership: Drawing on your skills and experience, you'll create innovative insights for clients looking to develop their change agenda to deliver value and improve their operations.
Your key responsibilities
- Participate in and, as required, lead ITA engagements
- Manage financial aspects of client engagements and communicate significant issues, fees, and estimates to complete to vendors and clients
- Assist directors with generating new business opportunities and building client networks and relationships
- Understand all our service offerings and actively identify opportunities to better serve clients
- Build strong internal relationships within Advisory and across other services
- Develop people through effectively supervising, coaching, and mentoring junior staff
- Conduct performance reviews and contribute to performance feedback for all levels of staff
- Contribute to people initiatives including recruiting, retaining and training ITA professionals
- Maintain an educational programme to continually develop personal skills
- Understand, follow and communicate workplace policies and procedures to all levels of staff
Skills and attributes for success
To qualify for the role you must have:
You'll have knowledge and experience of a number of the following areas:
- A proven track record of delivering business value from IT as a delivery manager / project manager
- Have a proven ability to be able to take a 'big picture' delivery and project management view as well as being able to work at a detailed level across a broad range of contract types and engagement approaches
- Having a track record of delivery within a number of large scale IT transformation projects, taking ownership of delivery across internal client teams
- Have experience in seeking the alignment of business and IT, operating across organisational and technology silos to drive common approaches, delivering sustainable, agile and re-usable solutions
- Knowledge of a range of Project Management approaches including PRINCE II, PMI, Agile, etc.
- Have a Project Management track record with a blue chip consulting or systems integration firm or as an IT Manager within a leading Enterprise/Organisation
- Be comfortable working with client Senior Management
- Have worked in one or more of the following sectors: Utilities, Banking, Consumer Goods, Tech and Media, Public Sector, Health, Transport
Ideally, you'll also have
Ideally to have experience in one or more of the following specialisms: Cloud Integration, Data Analytics, Financial, Project Management.
What we look for
If you have keen interest in IT in Ireland as well as intellectual curiosity and energy, then the EY Performance Improvement IT Advisory team could be exact
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a b etter working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
Build your legacy with us.