Manager, Audit, Assurance, EY, Belfast
In Assurance our aim is to provide accounting solutions and peace of mind to our clients. Through our skills and experience we give companies, investors and regulators confidence in financial statements, business critical information or processes. Assurance is our largest service line. You will work in highest performing teams serving our clients both in the office and off-site at client premises.
Our Belfast Assurance practice has a prestigious client base that includes the largest share of locally headquartered companies in the Northern Ireland Top 100, listed companies, private equity investors and investees, owner managed businesses and the operations of some of the world's largest companies. Being part of one of the teams providing services to such a prestigious client base in a growth orientated environment will enable you to gain experiences and acquire skills to build your career and create your future.
Our audit teams work with many of the world's leading and fastest growing companies. We provide a quality and consistent audit offering to our clients by assembling multi-disciplinary teams to address the most complex issues, using a proven global methodology and deploying the latest, high quality auditing tools and perspectives. To help our clients achieve their potential we provide a tailored service, consistent methodology, broad sector knowledge and the latest insights from our worldwide network. This is a great opportunity to join the fast-growing and proactive Belfast Assurance practice. You will be part of a team where you will receive exposure to some of EY's most diverse and exciting clients. Your work will be recognised and rewarded and a solid career will lie ahead of you Your key responsibilities
Typical activities will include the following:
- Manage client relationships/expectations and develop client portfolio.
- Develop relations with existing clients in order to gather feedback on the quality of work delivered and to gain ideas for improvement of services delivered.
- Effectively manage audit teams and actively coach and develop team members
- Active involvement in the recruitment of staff
- Plan and manage own performance and development
- Develop technical expertise -both functional and industry
- Responsible for planning and managing assignments for compliance with all technical requirements including:
- Final technical review at all stages and for raising with partners all pertinent issues.
- Reviewing and approving for partner's signature all financial statements, opinions and reports and other deliverable documents for clients
- Ensuring management letters are constructive, commercially aware and demonstrate the firm's interest in the client's business.
- Obtaining consultation from experts on complex issues
- Responsible for handling various assignments concurrently, including:
Pre Audit / other project:
- Preparation of audit project proposals, budgets, negotiations over fee and contract terms.
Audit field work:
- Monitoring audit progress including compliance with budgets and deadline.
- Ensuring that audit work is being allocated to team members on a level commensurate with their past experience
- Review of audit work papers and reporting to the relevant partner / director
Skills and attributes for success To qualify for the role you must have:
- Adequate fee recovery, variance analysis, billing procedures and pursuing overdue accounts.
- Arrangement of closing meeting including preparation of support for agenda.
- Controlling preparation of final version accounts and reports.
Ideally, you'll also have:
- Proven track record of outstanding performance.
- Worked on Large / Multinational clients
- Clearly demonstrate an on-going commitment to personal and professional development through continuing education and development.
- Qualified Accountant -e.g. ACA, ACCA, CPA qualified
- Minimum of 3 years relevant post qualification experience, including at least one in a role as an audit manager or with equivalent experience
- Ability and willingness to work primarily on challenging and complex projects
- Experience with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) & "new" UK GAAP
- An ability to manage projects and teams
- High Technical Knowledge
- Excellent commercial, management and organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
Experience of working in a similar environment. What we look for:
EY looks to attract innovative people, team players and those with excellent client focus. What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance. About EY
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality. If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. Join us in building a better working world. Apply now.