Manager, Audit - ACE, EY, Belfast
- Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 20 Mar 19
Manager, Audit - ACE, EY, Belfast
Assurance - Audit Manager, Belfast
From small businesses to some of the world's best-known brands, our clients count on reliable financial statements, information and processes to inform their ongoing strategies. More than ever, business is about interpreting and reacting to complex data - and they look to us for advice and services they can trust every time. You'll use your professional skills and experience to make it happen, resolving complex audit issues across a broad range of industries and geographies.
Joining a rapidly expanding and unique team of innovative thinkers in Belfast you'll play a pivotal role in helping our clients meet their reporting requirements by accurately reporting on financial statements. Whether you're adopting a collaborative approach with internal overseas teams or directing more junior team members in their fieldwork, you will be reviewing the audit files whilst remaining mindful of UK and accounting standards reporting requirements. You will provide meaningful insights into accounting and reporting matters, developing a reputation for being a subject matter expert. Unlike traditional audit roles there is limited/no ravel and a flexible approach to working is actively encouraged. With a strong technical background you will have the skills and knowledge to drive successful engagements whilst being provided with the opportunity to progress quickly. Displaying a positive can do attitude you'll be ready to build a better working world for our people, our clients and the communities that support us.
Your key responsibilities
Everything you'll do will come back to providing exceptional audit activities for our clients many of whom have overseas finance functions. Colleagues and clients from a diverse array of backgrounds will look to you first for answers, so you'll be a high-profile contact when it comes to resolving complex issues. As you build your knowledge and experience, you'll become a credible advisor with significant influence in seeking resolutions to issues faced by clients and engagement teams.
Skills and attributes for success
- Leading fieldwork, managing performance and keeping engagement leaders updated on audit engagements
- Reviewing audit procedures with particular focus on high risk areas to increase your technical skills and applying UK and accounting standards reporting requirements.
- Engaging with clients and providing authoritative advice in a professional manner
- Remaining abreast of key developments in UK GAAP and IFRS accounting frameworks, ensuring your knowledge is shared with more junior team members.
- Taking responsibility for your own professional development, providing inspiration and motivation to your colleagues.
- Understanding our clients' unique ambitions and needs whilst seeking opportunities to refer them to colleagues in other areas to broaden our business relationships
To qualify for the role you must have
- ACA/CA/ACCA (ICAEW, ICAS, Irish Institute or equivalent international qualification) -preferably first time passes
- Proven experience in leading a number of external audit and assurance engagements
- Proven project management skills
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills combined with a collaborative approach to people management
- Experience in coaching and developing more junior team members
- Proven experience in managing budgets and identifying sales opportunities.
- Significant involvement in developing and delivering all services to clients
Ideally, you'll also have:
- Experience applying UK GAAP and IFRS and using SOX 404
- Experience working across different borders and time zones.
What we look for
We're interested in leaders with a genuine creative vision and the confidence to make it happen. You can expect plenty of autonomy in this role, so you'll also need the ability to take initiative and seek out opportunities to improve our current relationships and processes. If you're serious about auditing and ready to take on some of our clients' most complex issues, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark.