Manager, Assurance, EY, Belfast (Flexible working)
- Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 20 Mar 19
Manager, Assurance, EY, Belfast (Flexible working)
In Assurance our aim is to provide accounting solutions and peace of mind to our clients. Through our skills and experience we give companies, investors and regulators confidence in financial statements, business critical information or processes. Assurance is our largest service line. You will work in highest performing teams serving our clients both in the office and off-site at client premises.
Our Belfast Assurance practice, comprising c80 staff, has a prestigious client base that includes the largest share of locally headquartered companies in the Northern Ireland Top 100, listed companies, private equity investors and investees, owner managed businesses and the operations of some of the world's largest companies. Being part of one of the teams providing services to such a prestigious client base in a growth orientated environment will enable you to gain experiences and acquire skills to build your career and create your future.
Our audit teams work with many of the world's leading and fastest growing companies. We provide a quality and consistent audit offering to our clients by assembling multi-disciplinary teams to address the most complex issues, using a proven global methodology and deploying the latest, high quality auditing tools and perspectives. To help our clients achieve their potential we provide a tailored service, consistent methodology, broad sector knowledge and the latest insights from our worldwide network. This is a great opportunity to join the fast-growing and proactive Belfast Assurance practice. You will be part of a team where you will receive exposure to some of EY's most diverse and exciting clients. Your work will be recognised and rewarded and a solid career will lie ahead of you.
Your key responsibilities
Typical activities will include the following:
- Management of a portfolio of Audit clients (including a number where the Audit is completed remotely by EY teams abroad but the accounts are signed in the UK) including detailed review of work papers, resource management and people development
- Manage client relationships and deliver in line with agreed client deadlines
- Develop relationships with Audit clients, partners and other stakeholders in the Audit process
- Manage Audit teams, deliver timely feedback and take responsibility for your own personal development
- Planning and management of Audit work in line with the required Auditing and Financial Reporting Standards
- Providing guidance and input into the resolution of technical issues identified during the Audit
- Working capital management including cash collection and billing
Skills and attributes for success
Requirements for prospective candidates include:
- Experience of working at an Audit Manager level in a Big 4 or mid-tier practice
- Qualified Accountant -e.g. ACA, ACCA, CPA qualified
- An ability to manage multiple ongoing projects and teams
- An on-going commitment to personal and professional development through continuing education and development.
- Ability and willingness to work primarily on challenging and complex projects
- Excellent commercial, management and organisational skills and business acumen
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Experience with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) & "new" UK GAAP would be desirable
What we look for
In order to support the continued growth in our Assurance business in Belfast EY is looking to recruit an Audit Manager to work on a flexible (part time or annualised hours) basis to support a portfolio of clients. This role will involve minimal travel and could suit someone who has been away from the job market or Audit for a period of time and is looking to work in a successful and growing business with a real focus on diversity and inclusiveness.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a b etter working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.