Lead Software Engineer
The Ld Software Engineer independently engineers secure, scalable and reliable technology solutions to advance CMEG in the global marketplace and serve risk management needs of customers around the world.
- Conducts system-wide testing and some integration testing. (Junit and cucumber)
- Helps with debugging/designing the automated test frameworks
- Demonstrates skill in language proficiency; Writes application modules and unit tests with minimal guidance. Designs with guidance and codes independently.
- Identifies potential opportunities for code optimization. Provides input for code reviews and helps with environment build deployments, release notes and build notices; Reviews code to proactively identify and mitigate potential issues and defects and helps to identify sources of defects as well as troubleshoots various forms of code.
- Uses design tools to frequently share and communicate design ideas on larger systems.
- Uses patterns frequently, contributing to best practice and process enhancements
- 8-10 years of Industry experience in Core Java
- Java basics - Class, functions, Annotations, Dagger Framework, Design patterns
- Primitive types and the String object
- Java's memory model
- Java's Collections framework
- Functions, objects, fields, etc.
- Java's keywords
- Java, advanced topics
- Concurrency in Java and managing shared mutable state
- Exposure to docker, Jenkins, CICD etc.
- Ability to translate business problems into working code
- Ability to use tests to your advantage while implementing software
- Ability to ask questions of peers when there are gaps in understanding
- Required Tools: Git, bash/ksh(basics)
- Equivalent tool experience required: Jira, Confluence, Gradle, IntelliJ
- Preferred tool experience: Docker, Jenkins, ansible
- Preferred low latency programming experience
CME Group: Where Futures Are Made
CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. With 2,500 employees located around the world, we're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.