KYC Evaluation Analyst
- Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 23 Apr 19
KYC Evaluation Analyst
- Primary Location: United Kingdom,Northern Ireland,Belfast
- Education: None
- Job Function: Compliance and Control
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 19013753
The Anti Money Laundering function (AML) proactively identifies, assesses reports and mitigates compliance and reputational risks across business lines, products, legal entities and jurisdictions to the benefit of our franchise, customers and employees. AML sets standards, and uses an enterprise-wide compliance risk management approach in partnership with the business and other Global Functions to drive a strong culture of compliance and control, and support the principles of Responsible Finance. AML is committed to providing sound, independent advice and excellence in execution.
As part of the AML function, the EMEA KYC REM (Risk Evaluation Management) team is primarily responsible for performing Compliance Risk Reviews across higher risk clients including the assessment and provision of Compliance.
Advisement during on boarding and periodic review of client relationships established with Citi.
The EMEA KYC REM team is a second line of defence in mitigating money laundering and terrorist financing risks for Citi and its customers in the global marketplace. This role will be an interface with various stakeholders across the business and global functions. The team is responsible for providing Compliance Advisement on the associated AML and Terrorist Financing risks to the Business as part of the KYC Review Process.
The KYC REM Functional role derives from regulatory requirements applicable to Citi globally and within the jurisdictions in EMEA. The role is based within the EMEA KYC REM team, which forms part of the EMEA AML KYC Function.
The job-holder will interact principally with AML, other Global Functions and the Business KYC Operations teams.
Responsibilities can include:
- Provide advice, including an indication of the potential for significant risk, from AML for all higher risk clients, or where required by certain high risk triggers in the KYC Record to the Business in an appropriate timeframe.
- Provide advice from an AML perspective on issues escalated by the Business
- Confirm all reputational risk information, including information relating to sanctions, bribery or corruption has been initially assessed and analysed by the relevant Business or AMLCO, if necessary, to determine if the information relates to the client and any concerns and comfort levels have been appropriately documented.
- Help evaluate reputational risk searches that were conducted by the BSU using Citi Screening, Factiva, and other platforms.
- Consult with relevant stakeholders such as AML Compliance Risk Management (ACRM), Anti Bribery and Corruption (ABandC), Sanctions team, Legal etc. for their expertise in related topics and refer the case to AML Investigation teams including Corporate Security and Investigative Services (CSIS), Global Investigation Unit (GIU) for complex investigations.
- Escalate AML concerns or any significant suspicious activities to senior management, remembering to consider reporting obligations (NCA) where appropriate
- Assist in the preparation of weekly and monthly metrics for Compliance Reviews, or any adhoc reports related to KYC to senior management on a timely basis.
- Update the KYC REM procedures and ensure their alignment and compliance to Citi Policies and Standards including Global Operating Procedure as required.
The successful candidate, as part of the wider AML KYC team will undertake a broad variety of tasks, many of which entail direct and regular interactions with senior stakeholders, both regionally and globally. Broadening experience of the EMEA legal and regulatory regime as it relates to AML.
- Investigatory experience / skills to assist with undertaking KYC, Customer Due Diligence (CDD) reviews and / or account activity reviews
- Recent working knowledge of relevant AML legislations and regulatory requirements
- Demonstrable use of Microsoft Office applications to a proficient level
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and prioritise tasks
- Numerate, with experience in the usage of basic financial analysis techniques.
- Strong written and personal communication skills demonstrated through previous work experience
- Previous experience in a similar role within a banking environment may be an advantage.
- Previous involvement in financial crime investigations or similar investigative experience.
- Experience in information gathering and application of KYC/CDD/EDD requirements would be an advantage.
- Commitment to the principles of the EMEA AML regime.
- Highly organised and methodical with close attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Commitment to co-operative and collaborative working.
- Strong team player willing to learn and share experience with other team members.
- Flexibility to work with rapidly-changing priorities and deadlines
- College/ university education preferred but working track record will be taken into account.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer