This role sits within the KYC/AML team, which forms part of the Entity Management Due Diligence and Contracting ("EDC") function within CME's Global Operations division. The Analyst undertakes the day to day processing, maintenance and operational activities related to all of KYC/AML due diligence onboarding requirements for new and existing customers across CME Group, in line with CME Group's Global Financial Crime Compliance programme and external regulatory bodies/legislation (e.g., JMLSG, FCA, POCA, EU Money Laundering Directives, FATF, CFTC, Dodd Frank, MiFID II,). The role will involve working as part the KYC/AML team under the supervision of the Manager, KYC/AML, working very closely with the EDC's Contract Management and Entity Management teams and collaborating closely with CME's legal and compliance functions as well as other areas within CME's Global Market Solutions & Services ("GMSS") division as part of the legal and regulatory onboarding requirements of customers to CME Group.
- Conducts Customer Due Diligence ("CDD"), Enhanced Due Diligence ("EDD") sanctions and adverse media checks on new and existing customers in accordance with UK Money Laundering Regulations 2020, JMLSG Guidance or other relevant Regulations (Dodd Frank, FinCEN, MiFID etc) in line with team processes and procedures as governed by CME Group Legal and Compliance divisions including administering client reference data within internal client onboarding repositories and system(s) as required.
- Conducts initial customer AML risk assessments, on a risk-based approach , for Low, Medium and High-Risk customers and provides recommendations for customers overall AML risk profiles, escalating as appropriate to effectively mitigate and manage risks posed accurately and effectively, whilst operating under the guidance of the Manager KYC/AML and ensuring AML governance standards, regulatory classifications (MIFID II, FCA Dodd Frank) are maintained in accordance with the legal and regulatory obligations set by CME's Compliance function.
- Successfully communicate and collaborate with CME's Legal and Compliance functions and various other operational and cross functional teams within CME Group to resolve day-to-day KYC/AML related queries in an efficient and timely manner.
- Undertakes daily PEP, Sanction and adverse media screening risk assessments so as to provide overall AML risk recommendations and undertakes periodic KYC/AML due diligence refreshes for existing customers, ensuring to appropriately identify and implement appropriate mitigating actions to bring in line with the firm's risk appetite to ensure continued compliance with legal and regulatory obligations as well as proactively recommending improvements and efficiencies.
- Provide assistance and support as required by Manager, KYC/AML and the EDC team to ensure the maintenance of KYC/AML standards and policy compliance in accordance with the legal and regulatory obligations set by CME Group's Compliance division.
- Effectively manage the electronic and physical contract KYC/AML documentation repositories, including diligently analysing and recording of key KYC/AML information within various internal onboarding systems and workflow management tools / applications.
- Assist with Client On-boarding related projects as directed by Manager, KYC/AML.
Skills and Software Requirements:
- Knowledge of the UK Money Laundering Regulations 2020, JMLSG Guidelines, MiFID II, applicable FCA rules and sanction regimes including but not limited to the UN, EU, OFAC and HMT.
- Understanding of the regulatory changes introduced by Money Laundering Directives, MIFID II, CFTC and Dodd Frank act relating to the introduction of SEF's (Swap Execution facilities) and upcoming regulatory changes.
- Good understanding of the KYC/AML Lifecycle process.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with precision and accuracy.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications and the ability to learn new software / systems quickly.
- Demonstrated time management skills including ability to multi-task and prioritise.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal with the ability to overcome language and cultural barriers.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience of working within a team.
- Experience of working with both internal and external stakeholders.
CME Group: Where Futures Are Made
CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. With 2,500 employees located around the world, we're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.