CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. We're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
To learn more about what a career at CME Group can offer you, visit us at www.wherefuturesaremade.com .
You will be responsible for the development and delivery of business features in that application, integrating with a variety of upstream data-sources and presenting data through the user interface, all while enriching and advancing the platform.
This software must achieve a blend of data-rich presentation, performance, user experience, and the capacity to support the busiest trading days in the world economy with rock-solid reliability. Achieving these goals will require an understanding of the underlying technologies, the development and the testing and deployment life-cycle of the application.
The candidate must be able to solve problems creatively, communicate effectively, and proactively engage in technical decision making to achieve these objectives.
- Contribute to system design, technical direction and application architecture including collaborating with various teams to build fit for purpose solutions
- Participates in code reviews, proactively identifying and mitigating potential issues and defects as well as assisting with continuous improvement
- Drives continuous improvement efforts by identifying and championing practical means of reducing time to market while maintaining high quality
- Must be a willing self-starter, independent and comfortable with a fast paced, dynamic environment
- A team player who assists the team as required to achieve collective goals & delivery milestones including knowledge-share
- Embraces and advocates for Agile best practices for software development discipline (be true to Agile Manifesto)
- Actively participates in creation and review of both business and technical user stories, providing constructive feedback and input on both work effort estimation as well as architecture/design improvements
- Embraces and enforces CME Group SDLC and information security standards
- Bachelor's degree (with honours) or equivalent, but substantial relevant experience could substitute
- Significant experience with a track record of making meaningful contributions to both technical approaches & deliveries
- Expertise in NodeJS application development
- Experience of working with websockets, HTTP 1.1 and HTTP/2
- Experience with RESTful APIs and JSON RPC
- Experience with Protobufs over TCP
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Ability to write clean, bug-free code that is easy to understand and easily maintainable
- Experience in developing and automating solutions directly related to Continuous Integration/ Continuous Delivery and infrastructure automation
- Experience with BDD methodologies & automated acceptance testing
- Experience with automation and continuous integration tools such as Jenkins
- Experience of financial markets/exchange space and working with financial applications
- Knowledge of financial messaging protocols such as FIXML and FIX
- Experience coding in a story-driven, agile environment
- Experience using Confluence, JIRA, or other Atlassian tools
- Experience working in organisations with colleagues in other locations