- Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 25 Apr 19
- Primary Location: United Kingdom,Northern Ireland,Belfast
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Operations
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 19011092
The OTC Commodity Derivative Middle Office and Operations team is responsible for providing front to back support for all Commodities (financial and physical) such as precious metals, Bulks, oil, PG&E, ETD & OTC commodity derivative transactions. The team will be responsible for confirmations, settlement and reconciliation of the transactions.
This position offers excellent training opportunities to continuously learn and develop across all the products and work closely with all the other divisions that support the Commodity Derivatives product.
- Investigation and resolution of queries from the Drafting and Matching team and the Front Office.
- Ensure a great emphasis is placed on Client Service & delivery of results
- Be a point of contact for Master Confirmation Agreement (MCA) negotiations with Clients - liaising with Front Office and Legal.
- Produce daily, weekly reports and summaries on outstanding MCA negotiations.
- Coding of Master Confirmation Agreements and sending out to Clients on daily basis
- Onboarding of Clients to Efetnet and ICE eConfirm
- Coding of Client exceptions into Citi Template management system agreed by the Front Office and Legal
- Understand whether trades are eligible to be confirmed on paper or electronically.
- Understanding of Commodities documentation and the specific nuances.
- Re-engineering - Review and improve the confirmation process to increase straight through process for documentation so that the Client received their confirms in a timely manner.
- Supervising Eclerx (3rd party vendor) on BAU activities
- A good theory based understanding of derivatives will be a benefit - particularly Commodity derivatives.
- Candidate should have good understanding of risk associated with derivatives.
- A Finance/Legal background from degree would be preferred along with a good demonstration of organisation, ownership and responsibility in previous activities
- Candidate should possess excellent communication skills and be able to work in stressful environments. Skills in organisation and prioritization are essential.
- Strong Excel knowledge/VBA skills a benefit.
- Knowledge of OTC confirmations a benefit.
- Knowledge of current Regulations affecting the OTC space also a benefit.
- Experience in Client Service, Relationship management, Front Office Support preferred.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer