Deals - Investigative Analytics Manager - Birmingham/Belfast
- Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- PwC UK
- 19 Apr 19
Deals - Investigative Analytics Manager - Birmingham/Belfast
A career within Forensics Technology, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients protect their business in today's evolving landscape by applying advanced and strategic approaches to information management. We focus on assisting organisations manage vast amounts of electronic data and navigate the legal and business processes demanded by critical events which includes litigation, regulatory requests and internal investigations.
About the team
PwC's Forensic Services team comprises around 670 people in the UK, based in London, Belfast, Birmingham, Edinburgh, Leeds, Manchester and, most recently, the South East region. The group's services are wide ranging and include dispute resolution, fraud and other financial investigations, non-financial investigations, construction claims, contract reviews and licensing management. Our group includes accountants, former regulators, civil engineers and IT specialists and we are part of a global network of over 1700 Forensic Services professionals within the global PwC network.
About the role
In an increasingly digitised world, instances of fraud and electronic crime are becoming more and more common. Investigative Analytics involves the analysis of data to support forensic investigations. As a Manager in our team, you will work on multiple concurrent projects for global priority client. Much of our work requires us to analyse vast quantities of data, using cutting edge technology and advanced statistical techniques to extract meaningful insights for our worldwide clients. Because we operate in an environment where speed of response is often critical to our clients, we are constantly innovating and drawing on the very latest technologies.
Join us and you could be looking for hidden patterns within banks trading systems, looking for potential evidence of market abuse or incidents of rogue trading. In addition, you could be searching for evidence of fraud and abuse within a company's finance system or helping to identify illegal activity within millions of regular transactions. You may also be researching new tools and technologies and developing new propositions to take to our clients.
The very nature of what we do means that many of our clients have an international reach, and no two jobs, or indeed days, are the same. So, if you are naturally inquisitive, have an analytical mind and enjoy solving problems in a rigorous and methodological manner, we'd be interested in talking to you.
Your responsibilities will include but may not be limited to
- In-depth quantitative analysis and summarisation of complex transactional data.
- Writing SQL and other programming languages (e.g Python) to aid data interrogation and investigations.
- Supervision of more junior staff performing data analytics roles.
- Consulting with clients on business issues, often explaining complex technical concepts to non-technical people.
- Drafting reports and presentations to explain our findings.
- Researching new products, tools and techniques to assist with streamlining internal processes and methods of presenting results to clients.
To be considered you must have experience working in a data analytics role covering one or more of the following disciplines
- Data querying and manipulation programming (e.g. SQL, SAS);
- Scripting or programming skills (e.g. R, Python);
- Understanding of common data quality problems;
- ETL (extract, transform and load processes and tools e.g. Alteryx);
- Data cleansing and manipulation;
- Data visualisation (e.g. Tableau, Power BI);
- Statistical and text mining concepts and techniques (e.g. Clustering);
- Analysis of financial / general ledger data to support forensic accounting investigations.
- Experience of working in a client facing or advisory role;
- Strong logical reasoning, attention to detail and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills;
- Experience of overseeing, coaching and managing other people.
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate the following
- The ability to come up with creative solutions to complex problems;
- Exceptional analytical and technical aptitude;
- Exceptional attention to detail;
- The ability to manage time, prioritise tasks and work under tight deadlines;
- The ability to work independently with little supervision, but integrate well into teams;
- Concise and clear communication when presenting and explaining results and findings;
We're one of the world's leading professional services organisations. From 158 countries, we help our clients, some of the most successful organisations on the globe, as well as its most dynamic entrepreneurs and thriving private businesses, to create the value they want. We help to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/apply
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/diversity