Data Scientists, Senior Consultant-Manager, Analytics & Cognitive, Belfast
Deloitte Analytics is at the cutting edge of innovation using the latest technologies and creative problem-solving techniques to help our clients' manage their data challenges. Our diverse and passionate team are encouraged to use agile techniques in the development, delivery and management of analytics services and solutions that solve complex business problems though predictive analytics, advanced visualisation, data warehousing, multi-dimensional modelling and business intelligence.
Strategy, Analytics and M&A
How do you make intelligent, future-proof decisions in a world where change is the one constant? That's exactly what you'll help our clients to do. You'll build trusted relationships with business stakeholders - and use the most exciting new technologies available - to create data-driven programmes that transform their organisations. Your advice will help clients position their organisations to succeed in an ever-evolving marketplace. Your role
Analytics Data Engineers will be our experts who will have a passion for developing in-depth knowledge of clients' data challenges. Responsibilities:
The Consultant - Senior Consultant will have responsibility for:
• Supporting with the design of analytical solutions from initial data assessment to development and deployment of models
• Focus on exceeding client expectations and delivering against our continuous improvement goals, taking a client problem and turning it into a technical solution.
• Provide technical oversight for other team members, providing mentoring and guidance on technologies and methodologies.
• Participate in the full service lifecycle, from design to sales, through to setup and delivery.
• Have the opportunity to directly shape client relationships, with extensive client interaction
As part of our Analytics team, you will be expected to:
• Have a deep understanding of the business domains you operate in, allowing you to understand the client's problem rather than simply working to specification.
• Focus on delivering the highest quality solutions using techniques like data mining and predictive models.
• Be highly collaborative, working closely with clients and end users.
• Be supported by Deloitte's commitment to invest in its people through a structured training programme that includes on-going recognised certification in latest methodologies and technologies.
• Work in an environment where self-development, learning and knowledge sharing is actively encouraged as part of the day-to-day work of the team. The role may involve a significant amount of travel within the UK and overseas and will require the flexibility to meet peaks of work inherent in the cycle of a deal. Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you. Location:
Based in our airy and bustling offices in Gasworks, Belfast, with its legendary coffee machine, you'll also have a chance to work with clients throughout Europe and beyond. Work pattern:
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us. Your professional experience
To qualify for the role you must have:
• Business Intelligence: Experience developing solutions using BI tools (e.g. IBM Cognos BI, SAP Business Objects, Tableau, SAS).
• Data warehousing: Strong relational database and data warehousing knowledge (including T-SQL, PL/SQL or similar).
• Data management: Proven capability in the use of ETL and/or Master Data Management solutions (Informatica, MS SQL Server, IBM InfoSphere).
• Business consulting: Experience of working with clients to understand, refine and execute technology-enabled change projects.
• Team working and leadership: A strong background in collaborative working with other creative and passionate data engineers Your service line: Consulting
Our people and the way we work are the two things that set us apart in the consulting universe. For us, collaboration is fundamental to success, along with an unrivalled depth and breadth of expertise. We work closely with our clients and each other, at every stage of every project, solving our clients' trickiest problems with a mix of knowledge, creativity and intellectual rigour. A hugely diverse range of clients rely on us to deliver the kind of change that adds genuine, lasting value to their business.
About Deloitte Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent. What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world. Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Malta, the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,500 partners and over 40,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people. What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2018 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families for the eighth consecutive year, and to have been listed in The Times Top 50 Employers for Women for each of the last four years. Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we're looking for: We live our purpose:
we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
We drive performance:
we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters:
we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
We move, together, towards a strategic direction:
we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2019 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 166882