Consulting - G&HI - Data Management Senior Manager
- Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 20 May 19
Consulting - G&HI - Data Management Senior Manager
Many of the tasks and assignments will involve working with teams that are drawn from a diverse cross section of the PwC Consultancy practice including other team members from the Information Management area. It is crucial that the candidate is able to take advantage of new opportunities for learning, sharing new knowledge, being intellectually agile and thinking creatively. The building of internal and external relationships and networks will be highly important as will the ability to consider the needs of others when designing a strategy and delivering a project or programme of work.
Essential Candidate Traits: (levels to vary by grade)
- Creative thinking and Intellectually agile
- Demonstrated senior level client stakeholder management (C suite)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong technical abilities combined with business acumen
- Ability to stay current with business and industry trends
- Ability to adapt quickly to diverse environments/challenges
- Good understanding of Data & Analytics Architectures
- Education to degree level or equivalent
- Data Analytics work stream/project management
- Implementation of D&A architectures and solutions including data warehouses, Big Data, MDM and DQM
- Awareness of business issues for D&A project delivery
- Lead and mentor junior team members (from both client and PwC)
- D&A Project/Programme leadership and management
- Definition of KPIs / metrics and insight requirements
- Can articulate business opportunities and business value during D&A projects
- Has experience of working with and presenting to C-suite
- Can develop propositions and take them to market
- Establishes new contacts and leverages existing networks
- Experience of design and implementation of Information Strategy, Information Architecture and Governance
- Experience of designing operating models for D&A
You should have good delivery knowledge in at least one of the following vendors:
- SAP Business Analytics
- Analytics (SAS, SPSS)
- Data warehouse and Data management vendors
- Be able to prove and demonstrate expertise in at least one D&A vendor. Possibly certified.
- Have a broader understanding of the D&A market and be able to engage in conversations with the C-suite about market trends, lessons learnt, good practices and pros/cons of different vendors in the market.
- As a Senior D&A Practitioner, also be able to deliver Information strategy engagements and lead larger D&A implementation projects.
- AI, Machine and Deep Learning
- BIG Data/Hadoop/NoSQL/MongoDB etc..
- Programming experience (SQL, VBA, VB.net) or similar
- Cloud Computing - Azure / GCP/AWS
- Enterprise Content Management
- SAP/Oracle/Cognos/Qlikview certification
- Good balance of both the technical and non-technical skills outlined above.
- Recent experience of leadership and management of projects/programmes in the technical areas outlined above.
- Experience of Information Strategy and Information Architecture design
- Business development - experience of proposition development and taking to market. Selling engagements.
- Strong Consulting experience e.g. working for at least one of Deloitte, KPMG, E&Y, Capgemini, Detica, Accenture or a similar high grade consulting firm; or demonstrable experience working in a consulting role (i.e. internal consultant if coming from industry, or post deal support if coming from a vendor)
Our people need to demonstrate a defined set of core skills and behaviours. We refer to these as our global core competencies. They're integral to who we are as a firm and form the basis of our people appraisal process. We will also assess you against them within our recruitment process to benchmark your own skills and behaviours. We recommend you visit the below web page to find out more about our global core competencies and to consider how your own experiences will align against them. This will help you through the recruitment process with us.
We're one of the world's leading professional services organisations. From 158 countries, we help our clients, some of the most successful organisations on the globe, as well as its most dynamic entrepreneurs and thriving private businesses, to create the value they want. We help to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/apply
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/diversity