Consultant - Software Engineer
CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. We're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
To learn more about what a career at CME Group can offer you, visit us at www.wherefuturesaremade.com .
The selected candidate will join the CME Engineering and Execution team in Belfast, as a Software Engineer on the Production Support Group (PSG) team. The PSG team is a global team that supports a variety of critical trading and post-trade solutions for our exchange and clearing business, ensuring the resilience and scalability of our applications. With DevOps and automation as a driving force, we are looking for a developer who can contribute to multiple applications through development of features and fixes, deployment automation, and application support using core java skills, Chef, AWS, Kubernetes, Docker, and Jenkins to name a few of the technologies we work with.
Internal mobility and flexibility are a key part to our agile approach to technology delivery. The successful candidate, throughout their career, will form a key part in driving our success across technology, and will find opportunities to work in a variety of projects and technologies, beyond their initial team and specialism.
- Developing feature enhancements and bug fixes for critical CME applications.
- Developing tools and reports to help improve application issue identification, analysis and resolution.
- Troubleshooting application production issues in conjunction with other support staff and development teams.
- Deployment management and automation (Building, documenting, ensuring quality and supporting releases into live customer facing environments).
- Collaboration through demoes and knowledge transfers to stakeholders around product developments, and documentation on the application.
- Best practice development standards through code reviews, refactoring, clean coding, automation.
- Agile development through story planning, estimation, and retrospectives.
- Teamwork, fostering an environment of collaboration and innovation through openness and transparency.
- Continual improvement mindset (i.e. - innovation / process improvements / automation opportunities).
- Continual learning through internal and external training.
- Security first mindset using CME Group SDLC and information security standards.
- Bachelor's degree (with honors) or equivalent/better strongly preferred, but substantial relevant experience could substitute
- Strong knowledge and experience of SDLC methodologies; agile is an advantage.
- Strong core Java development skills
- Expertise in Object Oriented Design and Patterns
- Experience in Spring
- Strong DBMS skills
- Strong Communicator with a proactive attitude to troubbleshooting
- Experience coding in a story-driven, agile environment.
- Prior experience working in financial services/exchange space.
- Prior experience working with BDD methodologies and automated acceptance criteria.
- Prior experience using Confluence, JIRA, or other Atlassian tools.
- Fortify, SonarIQ, experience.
- AWS experience