Configuration Management Engineer
CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. We're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
To learn more about what a career at CME Group can offer you, visit us at www.wherefuturesaremade.com . CME Group Belfast - Configuration Management
The Configuration Management team at CME Group in Belfast support the progressive and continually evolving Configuration Management environment at CME Group, primarily in the areas of applications version control and build management. We're migrating applications to the cloud using terraform and continuing to enhance and upgrade the SCM toolkit. Two significant current migrations include;
- Designing / rearchitecting and and deployment of a legacy applications, such as SonartypeIQ from a traditional data centre to run as a containerised workload on cloud platforms, utilising; Terraform / Terragrunt, ECS & EKS / docker, Standard AWS services (VPC / subnet / ec2, Hashicorp Vault and Jenkins CI/CD.
- Containerisation of our internal Bamboo CI build pipelines to a Kubernetes (K8) platform
Otherwise, business as usual project accountabilities for this role include;
- Designing and implementing the automation of existing team processes via Python
- Chef application cookbook development supporting infrastructure as code
- Application upgrades of tools to support DevOps related practices (Jira, Bitbucket, Nexus, Sonarqube, Bamboo/Jenkins)
- Participation in disaster recovery policies and procedures
- Interacting with global customers on support and new initiatives
This is a hugely supportive working environment with ongoing training and learning on the job. Successful candidates must be open to development and keen team contributors, learning and sharing knowledge together and mentoring those in the team with less experience.
Skills & Software Requirements:
- Experience in Unix/Linux environments
- Demonstrable knowledge of intermediate scripting, as well as writing scripting modules and tests with guidance.
- Ability to optimise scripting for key performance metrics, offers complex insights during scripting reviews, identifies source of defects and issues, reviews scripting to proactively identify and mitigate potential issues and defects, and troubleshoots own scripting as well as assists others in finding bugs in own scripting.
- Intermediate level administration of SCM tools and supporting infrastructure.
- Uses design or analysis patterns periodically, following SDLC process independently.