Compliance Risk Management Analyst
- Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 21 Apr 19
Compliance Risk Management Analyst
- Primary Location: United Kingdom,Northern Ireland,Belfast
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Compliance and Control
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 19014494
Key Activities - Please list in order of importance/time spent (highest to lowest)
Serves as a compliance risk analyst for Independent Compliance Risk Management (ICRM) responsible for establishing internal strategies, policies, procedures, processes, and programs to prevent violations of law, rule, or regulation and design and deliver a risk management framework that maintains risk levels within the firm's risk appetite and protect the franchise. In addition, engages with the ICRM product and function coverage teams, in order to partner to develop and apply CRM program solutions that meet business and customer needs in a manner consistent with the Citi program framework.
The ICRM - UK Regulatory Compliance Officer will be engaged in the following ICRM processes to ensure compliance with UK regulatory requirements:
Individual Accountability Regime - maintenance of a Certified Persons Inventory including onboarding and deregistering individuals
1.1 SMR - Working with Internal/external stakeholders to prepare Key Documentation to meet our regulatory obligations under SMR. These duties will include processing of Senior Manager Applications and de-registration of those individuals who have left the firm.
1.2 CR - Maintain a current list of individuals who are deemed to perform a role in which they could cause significant harm to the firm.
1.3 COCON - Maintain a list of individuals who are subject to the Conduct Rules and ensure adherence with this requirement by assigning relevant training.
UK PRA/FCA Regulatory Returns preparation and submission processes, including but not limited to
Notification of COCON Breaches
Approved Person Process - Facilitate registration of approved persons to perform a controlled function (APER) and deregistration requirements.
European Exchanges - Facilitate registration and deregistration of European Exchanges along with maintenance of individual exchange requirements.
MiFID II - Facilitate the enhanced transaction reporting and record keeping regime across financial instruments which are admitted to trading on a regulated market or European trading venue by managing the data as it pertains to the Citi personnel, using personal identifying data, such as a passport number, who are responsible for the transaction who are responsible for the transaction. These reports will include either aggregated (non-identifiable) financial and/or employee and customer identifiable information.
National Futures Associations - CTFC Registration of statutory directors as (Principals) to National Futures Association.
Cross training into other UK employee and UK legal entity activities as required
Legal Entity Management - Supporting the key activities within the wider Regulatory Compliance team; Legal Entity & Branch notifications and authorisations to UK Regulators, preparation and submission of quarterly UK Regulatory returns.
Key Activities include:
- Assisting and supporting senior staff in the design, development, delivery and maintenance of best-in-class Compliance, programs, policies and practices for ICRM.
- Reviewing materials to ensure compliance with various regulatory and legal requirements.
- Identifying potential risks and escalating for further review, as required.
- Maintaining reports for control, tracking, and analysis purposes and ensuring appropriate and secure retention of documents.
- Working with more senior staff in investigating and responding to raised compliance risk management issues and preparing routine correspondence.
- Interacting and working with other areas within ICRM and Citi, as necessary.
- Assisting in management of the regulatory inventory, regulatory change management process and regulatory exam coordination/logistics as required.
- Assisting in the preparation, editing and maintenance of Compliance program related materials.
- Additional duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Education level and/or relevant experience(s)
Required: Bachelor's degree; experience in a financial services firm, regulatory organization, or legal/consulting firm, or a combination thereof
Preferred: Advanced degree (e.g. JD, MBA) a plus
Knowledge and skills (general and technical)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be a self-starter, flexible, innovative and adaptive
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively and with people at all levels of the organization
- Strong project management and organizational skills and capability to handle multiple projects at one time
- Proficient in MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Some knowledge of Compliance laws, rules, regulations, risks and typologies
- Some knowledge in area of focus
- Other Requirements (licenses, certifications, specialized training, physical or mental abilities required)
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer