Business Risk Senior Analyst
- Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 20 Apr 19
Business Risk Senior Analyst
- Primary Location: United Kingdom,Northern Ireland,Belfast
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Risk Management
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 19011798
Overview of Citi:
Citi, the world leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and a presence in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions worldwide. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Citi enables clients to achieve their strategic financial objectives by providing them with cutting-edge ideas, best-in-class products and solutions, and unparalleled access to capital and liquidity.
Citi opened its doors in Belfast in 2005 when it first moved Technology roles to Northern Ireland. It has since taken on many other functions, including HR, Legal and Compliance, Operations and Front Office roles. There are now more than 2,000 roles in Citi Belfast across 4 sites. This role will be within the PMO team, as part of the LIBOR Transition Program Team, located in Gateway Offices in the Titanic Quarter, Belfast.
Working as part of the LIBOR Transition Program team, the role would entail supporting the PMO manager in providing scrutiny and oversight of the ongoing LIBOR Transition Program.
The role is to oversee and support the adoption of risk free rates and LIBOR transition globally and further developing our approach for all IBORS.
The role therefore has a critical part to play in ensuring best business practice, as well as satisfying the increasing focus of several regulatory bodies for whom LIBOR transition is a top priority
This role is to be part of the BCS LIBOR Transition Program Team, reporting to the LIBOR Transition Program Lead.
LIBOR is entrenched and embedded in every aspect of financial markets and with uncertainty of LIBOR existing beyond end of 2021, developing a plan for orderly transition and risk mitigation is essential.
The focus of the role will be to provide support to the PMO Manager in monitoring and overseeing the transition plans whilst adhering Citi Program and Project Management procedures and control frameworks. Also, seek opportunities to continuously improve processes to ensure timely delivery against critical regulatory and program milestones, in line with industry best practices.
Support the PMO manager to:
• Provide regular governance, reporting, planning and support services across the LIBOR Transition program
• Coordinate central program PMO processes across the LIBOR Transition program teams, ensuring adherence to Citi Program and Project Management procedures and control frameworks
• Monitor and manage program risks, issues, assumptions and dependencies whilst escalating to senior management as required
• Oversee program plans and tracking of progress
• Build strong relationships with key stakeholders across the program
• Develop and monitor stakeholder maps and stakeholder engagement plans
• Facilitate workshops and planning sessions as required
• Coordinate collation and production of materials for relevant program governance forums
• Capture minutes and actions from key program meetings
• Undertake ad hoc central program management requests as they arise
• This role plays a leading contribution to the strategic coordination and direction of Citi's LIBOR transition plans. The role is global in nature and will entail developing relationships and working with senior stakeholders across multiple business and control functions.
• Extensive years relevant experience in working within a PMO, preferably within finance / controls / regulatory related roles.
• Good understanding of program management methodologies, frameworks, processes, tools and industry best practices
• Experience in applying and embedding PMO methodologies across large scale programs
• Excellent planning and task management skills; capable of seeing the bigger picture as well as strong focus on day-to-day execution
• Proven experience in facilitating workshops and program planning sessions
• Strong analytical skills and problem solving skills
• Understanding of LIBOR and its implications within the industry desirable (not mandatory)
• Experience of working with business stakeholders across multiple businesses, regions and support functions
• Good core program and project management skills; understanding of relevant program management methodologies and tools
• Good planning and task management skills and capable of juggling changing priorities
• Good reporting and analytical skills - ability to present information in a clear and concise manner
• Ability to support in effective management of program risks, issues, assumptions and dependencies across a large complex program
• Focus on execution and getting the job done
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Excellent time management skills and ability to work in a fast paced environment
• Good problem solving skills
• Educated to degree level with a classification of 2:1 or above in any discipline
• Recognised program/project management qualification such as PRINCE2, MSP etc
The successful candidate will need to have:
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• Highly organized and efficient at prioritising tasks
• Fast-thinking; nimble at 'joining the dots'
• Ability to work as part of a team as well as individually with minimal supervision
• Excellent Microsoft office skills and be an advanced user of MS Project, Visio and Excel
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Valuing Diversity: Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organizational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer.